My Bunny is here!! - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
Good luck Mandie!!!! I want to see your cage when it is done!! Oh and with the few little poops here and there, any rabbit not spayed/neutered will do that! they're marking their scent!!
Shane said it's because sometimes they just fall out of their butts
I took your advice about picking him up with the towel and it worked wonderfully! I put him on my lap on the couch earlier and he spent a good hour and a half just sitting their enjoying being petted (the dogs were outside) He hopped around on the couch and then on Shane's head, but for the most part he just wanted to be in my lap and be petted What a sweetie!!
I'm going to go to target tomorrow and get all the cage building supplies and build the cage!! He was playing with the cardboard tubes earlier and a plastic bottle with some pebbles in it and just had a grand ole time! Shane was surprised because he said the lop he had years ago never played like that! Yeah, he/she's a cool little bun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 09:32 PM

congrats!! and very very cute bunny!!!
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Wow Mandie you guys are doing great with him/her!!!!! If you can get the bunny on it's back at all (some like it!) you can push right below the hole and if the little thing that pops out has a circle opening, it's a boy, if it's a slit it's a girl!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 11:20 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I can't believe what shane said about the poops outside the tray!!! Yeah they just walk around and then think 'hey that wasn't me...is there another bunny around here somewhere, or is it a sultana?'

post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Ok, I feel so stupid! I went to the vet appointment this morning and they were closed! Ticked off, I came home to find out my appointment is for Tuesday! I'm such a dork! I completely forgot that today was a holiday when I made the appointment!
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
I can't believe what shane said about the poops outside the tray!!! Yeah they just walk around and then think 'hey that wasn't me...is there another bunny around here somewhere, or is it a sultana?'
I think he was thinking about chinchillas...they poo everywhere! They can be trained to pee in a litter box (Mercedes, Jetta and Ty are trained to pee in a litter box) but the poos just fall out where they are...even when you hold them!
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Ok, I feel so stupid! I went to the vet appointment this morning and they were closed! Ticked off, I came home to find out my appointment is for Tuesday! I'm such a dork! I completely forgot that today was a holiday when I made the appointment!
That sounds like something I'd do!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Nan

You're so lucky your bunny is litter trained. My daughter made a huge two-story cage out of storage cubes. It's worked great. Both my boys won't use the litter box so they don't have one made out of cubes. I keep thinking they'll get the hang of it.
Diana
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Laugh it up Steph! At least I'VE never forgotten the carriers when picking up new chinnies!
I had him out on my lap tonight and snapped a few pics...plus there is one of the God awful crappy cage...Shane is going to start building a new one tomorrow!

Another one

And Ye Ole Crappy Cage

post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Oh, and I tried to sex the rabbit but couldn't find anything at all through all that fur! Plus he/she kept crossing the legs! Argh!! I can't wait to see the vet tomorrow!
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 03:33 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh man i'm in love!!! That little bunny is gorgeous!!!

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 08:49 AM

What an adorable bunny! I like your son's choice for a name too
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That bunny is soo cute!!!!I can't wait to find out what "it" is!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Lucky Jack is indeed a HE! Whoo hoo! (I was hoping he was male!) The vet gave us a clean bill of health, but we are waiting on some bloodwork to come back still just to be on the safe side. His X-rays of his teeth were excellent as well! (my vet is VERY thourough and I prefer it that way) He was really well behaved too!
We have made a cage decision for Lucky Jack as well...it was advised to me not to cage him in the chin room for at least six months because rabbits can carry diseases that are fine for rabbits but can be deadly to chins, so although the dogs are well behaved and I don't think they would purposely hurt him, we have decided to build the cage out of expanded steel. I have been assured by the steel company that there is no way the dogs could tear into it even if they really wanted too...they said a bear would have a difficult time of it! So, for Lucky Jack's protection until such a time that A) it would be safe for the chins to house him in the chin room and B) peace of mind while he is kept in the living room with the dogs around, we will begin building the expanded steel cage tomorrow! It will be 4 feet wide, 3 feet tall, and 2 feet deep, with at least a second floor and possibly another shelf or two. He's not going to know what to do with all that space! He's only just a little under 3 pounds! The floor and shelves will be carpeted since he is indeed litter trained and he'll have lots of toys to play with Out of cage playtime is when the dogs are outside, so that isn't much of a problem at all and he's such a big cuddle bug! LOL! This bun REALLY enjoys being brushed too!
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 03:32 PM

WooHoo! Glad everything checked out at the vet...

Good luck with building the cage

Tags
alfalfa hay, animal shelter, animal shelters, aspen shavings, avian vet, box trained, cage bars, cardboard box, carefresh bedding, chin room, corn cob, corn cob bedding, feline pine, food bowl, holland lop, house rabbit, house rabbit society, house rabbits, kiln dried, kitty litter, litter box, litter box trained, litter boxes, litter pan, litter train, litter trained, lucky jack, netherland dwarf, pumpkin seeds, rabbit cage, rabbit food, rabbit pellets, rabbit society, timothy hay, wood shavings