Is my bunny jealous, mad, or scared? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Question Is my bunny jealous, mad, or scared?

I'm bunny sitting my friend's bunny (doe) for a week and I have a buck. I will not let any chance for either of the bunnies to come close or play together, because neither of them are neutered or sprayed yet. He is eight months old now, I do understand my snoopy has matured, so he may be looking for love. But by observing his behavior through out the night, I found him so very aggressive, because he is biting more than ever. However at the same time he is stomping and biting. I know when bunny stomp mean they are scared, but he would not be running round at the same time when he stomp if he is scared (I accidentally scared him before). When I let him out playing, he runs and stomps at the same time for a few times. Also he normally doesn't come to me if he is scared, but tonight, he would run around and stomping, and then jump on to me (I sat on the floor with him) and let me pet him for a while and then off running stomping again and jump on to me again to pet him. I'm just not sure what is his behavior really is right now. I'm sure he feels like mating, but what else jealous, mad or scared. Do bunny get jealous? Have anyone experience situation like this? He sure isn't as calm as he used to be tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Betta Bomb

are they in the same room? im sure he smells her either from the room or off you. he definetly wants a peice of her! stomping could be a signal to her that he's near and ready for the "romp"?? 2 seconds will have him on her so be careful!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Oh no, I definitely will not let them play together. For the past 2 days, I only let 1 bunny out at a time. However their cages is kind of close like about 7-8ft apart separated by a baby gate and Yes he can smell and see me play with her. One funny thing I notice about my bunny, Snoopy, is that if he is sleep at the far side corner in his cage, if he sees me walk close or play with Johanna (my friend's bunny) he would immediately rush to side of his cage and start biting, running around anxiously and stomping. Also he normally hates it for me to crab him from his cage, but whenever he act like that, and if I would immediately go over to him, he would let me cuddle him or pick him up and put him on my laps to pet him (he usually fights to get away from me). I think besides he wants a piece of her, I think he may be also jealous about me play or spend time with Johanna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Part of the Pack

Lol, this was a funny post. Purple hops was definately right, that sounds like he'd love to have a go with Johanna. I suppose it could also be a little bit of jealousy. My bunny henry wont let me read or play gameboy-- he wont stop nudging til I pet him. lol. Maybe he is also getting territorial of her. Does he think you're taking "his" doe away or something? Maybe he's decided that she belongs to him now? lol. this is too funny. Crazy bun's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
jealous, mad, scared