My Bunny needs a safe cage away from my cats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Smile My Bunny needs a safe cage away from my cats

Hello. I am a single mom and I have 2 cats and a 3 month old Holland lop bunny named Lynden. Lynden is starting to outgrow his cage. He fits in it comfortable but with his house, litter box, food dishes, and hay, he doesn't have much room to play. In an ideal world I could let him just roam around my house all day but I have 2 cats who are very playful and would unintentionally hurt him. I take him out and let him play every day for awhile and I lock the cats in a bedroom. I would like to find a better solution then locking my cats up. I would like to make Lynden an indoor pen. Can anyone give me some advice on how to go about making one and where I could get the materials? Any advice would be great. Thank you for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

I have an Xpen for my rabbits. You could buy one of them. They are sold a lot of places as puppy pens. You can find them online or probably in some pet stores.

Or you could make one with NIC - Neat Idea Cubes. Google "NIC cage" and you can get an idea of what they are and see some of the cages people make with them. You could make Lynden a new cage or add a pen around his existing cage. They sell the cubes at Wal*Mart and Target, they are around $15 for a box and are sold as storage cubes. Some of them now have larger bar spacing - so you have to make sure you get sets with the smaller bar spacing so your rabbit can't escape from them.

I'm not very handy so if it where me I'd go with one of those options. I'm sure some others will have other ideas as well. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 12:56 PM

NIC cages are the best. you can ajust them and change them. i have two NIC cages for babbs and buggs. and one more to build for a play pen outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Betta Bomb

I third opt for NIC!! Theyre great and you can make any kind of play pen. As for the cats, my cat Illusion looooves to play with the bunnies. I clip his nails and he's already trained to stop doing something if we call his name in a tense voice- or Coco my dog will stop him.. My dog is a terrier and trained to stop Illusion from being bad!! lol ^^ its too cute. Use a water bottle to spray kitties when theyre uncomfortably close to bunny..... If you have a sossy bun like my Acacia he'll straight up defend himself from the cats!!! Anyway, good luck. With patience and time Im sure everyone will get along

Tags
bunny