My friend has head tilt problems??! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

My friend has head tilt problems??!

Hey everyone, long time no talk! I hate to pop up only when something is wrong, but thanks for your help. If you forget, this is me:

I don't get to post alot, because the only time I get to use the computer is when my owner is sleeping

Normally we argue alot, and don't really get along (his fur is nicer LOL), but I feel sorry for the poor dude.

My buddy Henry is has head tilt, probably from an ear infection. Any of you fellow rabbits go to the doc for this, and how successful were you at treating it?

BTW this is Henry:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Part of the Pack

talk to your vet I think they have ear drops they use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks, my owners taking him tomorrow afternoon. Did your rabbit have this and how well did he recover??

Bleety Rabbit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Part of the Pack

no my bun hasnt ever had it, but my neihbors doggie did, a small dog. They gave him ear drops and he recovered very nicely. I know dogs and buns are different. but im sure your bun will be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

With treatment your friend will probably be fine. I know of lots of buns who got completly better, one bun who's will have her head tilted forever, but is doing great...the important thing is to go to the vet and get treatment, because you don't want the infection to get worse! If that happens, the bunny can stop eating and drinking, be very uncomfortable, and eventually die.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 AM
can't think of one, help

Does Henry have any eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleety
Hey everyone, long time no talk! I hate to pop up only when something is wrong, but thanks for your help. If you forget, this is me:

I don't get to post alot, because the only time I get to use the computer is when my owner is sleeping

Normally we argue alot, and don't really get along (his fur is nicer LOL), but I feel sorry for the poor dude.

My buddy Henry is has head tilt, probably from an ear infection. Any of you fellow rabbits go to the doc for this, and how successful were you at treating it?

BTW this is Henry:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Definitely make sure your owners take Henry to a vet. I had a bunny that had a heas tilt that was not tended to and hers became permanant. There are many reasons why a bunny like Henry (or you) could get a head tilt. An inner ear infection, a stroke or pasteurella (sp?) There could be other reasons that I don't know about. Tabby took meds to help her out. She loved her meds. She said they were very yummy. So Henry should be happy. He may even think they are treats. Now be careful yourself that you don't get one too. You may want to be sure your owners discuss you at the vets when they bring Henry. Just to be sure you should take any of those yummy meds as a preventative.
Now make sure you update us on Henry.
Nose wiggles and binkies!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
ear infection, inner ear infection