my mom said rabbits are stupid and... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Bunnys ur Cabbities are not Stupid

I disagree Rabbits I mean Cabbits are most definately not stupid.
my new Rabbit/Cabbit Schneeball is fast turning out to be the pet from heaven, he is very lively and playfull, I can brush him without him getting to scared and his water and food bowl are ontop of the hutch so he knows where to go to get his Nuggets and Mineral water, we both do the headflick at eachother and when I sit down he jumps onto my lap and from then on its LIck Lick lick lick lick lick lick lick lick lick lick lick.

=^-^= Mee Mee Meeerrooow !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 01-03-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 05:38 PM

I don't mind responsible breeding while working toward the betterment of the breed. I would hate to loose the lovely breeds we have. Honestly, if we could stop irresponsible breeding by pet owners who don't get their pets fixed or who just want to see a birth, from mill type breeders, and from irresponsible hobby breeders (there are, sadly, irresponsible hobby breeders who don't care for their animals well and produce more than they can find homes for), I think we would have very little problem with animals in the shelter. There would still always be people who got an animal and had to give it up due to changes in health or life situations and pets that are lost and don't get back to their family, of course, but there would be a lot less that were surrendered to shelters just because the owner did not do their research before they bought the animal. Having done some research on my own, that seems to be the most common cause for people to surrender animals to the shelter. Well, that and people not being able to find homes for the babies they produce just to get babies or because they did not get their pet fixed.

The rabbit that died due to giving birth was a show rabbit out of good lines, and we had the room to keep all the babies if we did not find suitable (and I am picky about where my babies go) homes for them. I always make sure that I can care for any babies that are born by my animals before I breed, in case I don't find them homes that I approve of. I also take back any animal I bred at any time in its life, so if the family can no longer keep it, I will take it and either keep it myself or find it another good home.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:34 PM

I get the same reaction from my in-laws when it comes to my chinchillas. (I know, this is a rabbit thread) The "why do you want so many?" or the "they don't snuggle like dogs."

I think that some people who just don't understand the pet are just going to judge them. I would love to have a rabbit, but my mother is allergic to them, so it's not possible. Of course, if I were able to get a bun bun, I'd adopt from a shelter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 06:16 PM

I bet if dogs and cats were less popular than rabbits and chinchillas, people would give you weird looks about having cats and dogs. LOL.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabita
I bet if dogs and cats were less popular than rabbits and chinchillas, people would give you weird looks about having cats and dogs. LOL.
Miyabita, exactly!
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 06:40 PM

Rabbits are not stupid.. My 4 know when to go back into their shed.. I clap my hands and say bed, and they all go in.. Harvey also knows that he should go in his own hutch.. I dont know what the neighbours think of me? Maybe mad bunny woman?
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

That was pretty close Steph

Mad bunny Girl or maybe woman, if I start walking Schneeball I will end up a mad Bunny guy.

Mine aint stupid, he remembers the last location of his food bowl and returns to his hutch afterwards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 05:28 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toky-Ohki
That was pretty close Steph

Mad bunny Girl or maybe woman, if I start walking Schneeball I will end up a mad Bunny guy.

Mine aint stupid, he remembers the last location of his food bowl and returns to his hutch afterwards.
Mad bunny guy!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:56 AM

I Can't understand non pet person! most of the time i don't speak with people who dislike animals,i just can't talk with them! well my parents love my rabbits but most of my family and friends doesn't,but i don't care... i like them and i won't change my opinion because they don't enjoy the rabbits!! my dad hates my rats and i don't give a F***... i wouldn't never replace my pets for cousins (except one or two) or other people from my family... the animals are loyal,they will never make you sad...

Tags
animal lover, baby bunny, food bowl, level cage, mini rex, pet owner