My morning surprise... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

My morning surprise...

When I opened the door to the computer/rabbit room this morning, I got an unexpected greeting! Rusty had gotten out of his pen last night and he came running up to me like a little dog! I wish I had a pic of his face, it was so funny. He looked like he was saying "Mom, why am I out of my pen?" as well as "Mom, where's my breakfast?" It was so funny. Luckily he didn't tear up anything or anyone. He and Sonora probably fought through the bars of her pen, but she seemed fine. Her pen was a mess though! They must have had an exciting night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl
Her pen was a mess though! They must have had an exciting night.
hehehe!!

Love the story.....reminds me of the one I was going to tell you all....Friday night Darren was cleaning the bunny cage and they weren't going to be let out only because we had to get up early for the flea market, well he let them out anyway....after cleaning the bunny cage and then attending to the chinnies it came time to head to bed 5am comes early....Well we opened the bathroom door and I was able to get Lilly with no problem, and well Darren had a different situation with Honey, she jumped behind the Bodeax (sp) and into the hole. Took us 30 minutes and a carrot to finally get her out, so Darren says her full name is now "Honey Bodeax" I bout fell over as it sounds like a french street walker!!!
Okay Steph didn't mean to take over your story hun, just figured I would share here with you as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thats a hilarious story Kim! Thanks for sharing. I love to hear bunny stories! Bunnies are such mischevious little creatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Wow, you guys both must've had some exciting times trying to catch your bunnies. That reminds me of a time when Charlie got out of her playpen and was running around in the yard and digging up all the plants that my dad had just planted. We finally caught her and put her back in the play pen and fixed the hole. She still looks for it though.
Bunnies are very mischevious, almost like ferrets.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Actually Natalie, my bunny ran right to me. Thats why it was so hilarious. He knew that it was his breakfast time when I opened the door, so he ran right up to me like "Where are my veggies?" It was so cute. He looked confused too, like he forgot why he was out of his pen. I just pretended that I had food in my hand and he ran right back in. My bunnies will do ANYTHING for food. I've trained them to be that way and it helps when you need to get them to go back in their pens, but they have become major beggers now!

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

natalie sounds like you had fun too
Yeah Steph you got lucky with Rusty But your right and I am finding out that veggies can do tricks for getting the bunnies to do what you want (it only took Darren 25 minutes before he finally said "yes hun go get a carrot")

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Carrots can work wonders Kim.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

That's so funny!

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl
When I opened the door to the computer/rabbit room this morning, I got an unexpected greeting! Rusty had gotten out of his pen last night and he came running up to me like a little dog! I wish I had a pic of his face, it was so funny. He looked like he was saying "Mom, why am I out of my pen?" as well as "Mom, where's my breakfast?" It was so funny. Luckily he didn't tear up anything or anyone. He and Sonora probably fought through the bars of her pen, but she seemed fine. Her pen was a mess though! They must have had an exciting night.
Cute story!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

He did it again! He knows how to unlatch the pen and get out! He showed up in my living room a few minutes ago and I was like "Rusty! You little escape artist!" So now I have to put a hair tie around the latch to secure it.

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Part of the Pack

That's funny! Last week my bun also got out of his playpen. When I woke up, I didnt see my bun in his playpen....he was running left and right on my couch!!! And I left a plate still with a bit of ketchup on the coffee table. And I noticed that he licked the plate! So he was back in his old cage until I put a top on his playpen. Poor thing he didnt look too impressed being back in his cage! . Funny when buns decide to have their "free for all" I was lucky the didnt go under the computer table (I call it "Disney Land" for buns)
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

There is nothing more amusing than walking into your animal room and finding someone had free run without you! Ty (chin) did that once and tried out every dust bath container in the chin room! The whole room was covered in dust but he sat atop his cage looking at me with the most innocent face! Priceless!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Part of the Pack

Yup THAT is pricless and funny! As if he was trying to tell you "I don't know how I got out"
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

LOL thats funny Mandie and Sandra.

Now Rusty thinks he can just come out whenever he wants. He's chewing up his grass mats out of frustration! Bad Rusty!

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

He's eating hay now so I guess he gave up. You would think he'd be tired after all that excitement!

Tags
chin room, dust bath