My New Bunny!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Talking My New Bunny!!!!

I got a new bunny a few days ago! He is a mixed breed. Not completely sure what breeds, but I believe their is rex (regular or mini) in him. His fur is very soft.
He is alittle scared of people, but very sweet. He jumps away when you frist try to touch him, but then just sits there and will let you hold him and pet him. I had to clip his nails, they were really pointy and sharp. He sat completely still and let me clip his nails. He didnt try to pull his feet away or anything.
My son loves him so much. He likes to have him sit on his lap and just sit there and pet him. We decided to name him Cobalt.
I want to get him a friend, but I have heard that sometimes males don't get along very well. I can always go back and get one of his brothers to keep with him....not sure yet. If I had the money I would just get him neutered and then get a female to keep with him (and get her spayed), but I just can't afford that. Do rabbits do better in pairs, or will he be just fine on his own with lots of attention from my son and I?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cobalt.jpg (39.9 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats on your new bunny!!! He's gorgeous
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats! He's very cute.

Rabbits do better in pairs, but he would need to be neutered. Neutering has many other benefits as well...you should check out this article : http://rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html

Good luck with him!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I know he should be neutered, that is not the problem...the problem is I can not afford it. I can afford to care for him, but the neuter is alittle more than I can afford right now. thanks for the link though.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Congrats on your new addition. He is very cute, but he looks a little scared in that picture.

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

yea, that was taken the day i got him, so he hadn't settled in much yet and was still pretty nervous. He is doing better now. he still needs a little more work on trusting people more, but he is doing very well.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Part of the Pack

hello congrats on your adorable bunny!!!!! wow! hes gorgeous!

i personally think rabbits are just fine on their own. i have two females who still HATE eachother after a year- honestly- my first rabbit would have been sooo much happier had i just left well enough alone and kept her a single bunny but i really love my youngest bunny too - so i dont care- hehe but still - if you can't afford to neuter them - i personally would keep him as a sinlge bun- he'll be perfectly happy as long as you always pay lots of love and attention to him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

Tags
mixed breed