My Rabbits - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

My Rabbits

I have two rabbits that I don't want anymore. I want to give them to the Humane Society, but my mom doesn't want to do that. She says that is more for animals who really need homes. My rabbits do need a home. I don't want them anymore.

I live in North Carolina, if anybody might be interested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Rodentologist

What part of NC are you in? (Mountain, Piedmont, etc?)

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

think about how stressful it is for bunnies at the shelter hearing cats and dogs bark and meow, they are scared critters anyway, i hope you find a good home for them, and try looking around before putting them in the shelter.

You could try vet's offices too, they normally will list things or know of people wanting some

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I never thought of the shelter as being too stressful for them, but I guess your right. We did have a dog though, and he would bark and stuff and they seemed fine with it.

I emailed the animal hospital (vet) that we go to and asked if they take in unwanted pets or have any suggestions of where I should bring them and that a shelter might be too stressful for them. Hopefully they will answer soon.

We were going to put an ad in the paper, but that was too expensive.

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Rodentologist

From the PM you sent me, the municipal shelter in that area is absolutely wretched. Please don't leave your bunnies there. There is NO screening. Reptile feeders and dog baiters take small animals from there regularly, as do hoarders. Their medical care is abominable for small animals, and they nearly always have health problems when we pull them.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Okay.

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

you can put ads on craigslist or kijiji.com for free and some online newspapers and you can screen people personally

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

kijiji? never heard of that one. i looked at it and it looks good! i'll probably do that tonight.

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Is there any particular reason as to why you don't want them anymore?

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Do you mind me asking why you don't want them anymore?

I guess you could try craigslist and stuff, but make sure you screen the potential adopters. You wouldn't want someone who is going to feed them to a snake or who won't take them to the vet ect. to take them.

Also I'm not sure what's around your area, but there are sometimes rescues/shelters who deal only with rabbits. You can try looking up rabbit rescues in your area or contact your local branch of the House Rabbit Society. They may be able to help or at least to point you in the right direction.

post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I don't know. I used to be REALLY into rabbits. My grandfather got me my first rabbit and then ever since then I've ALWAYS had rabbits.. then, I got my two pet rats. I am a rat person now. But I do love the rabbits. That's why I want to make sure they are kept together and I want to make sure they go to a nice family who will take good care of them.

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I posted an ad on the Kijiji website. It's pretty cool and it was very easy! I put them up for $30, which is how much I paid for them together. I put that I want to keep them together, because they've been together since they were tiny babies. One of their mothers couldn't produce anymore milk so the breeder put that one with the other one and his mother so they're like brothers. I do not want to separate them!

Here's a picture of them (this is the one i posted on kijij)

Last edited by Tessa83; 12-01-2008 at 06:12 PM.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Playful Pup

Awww they look so cute and tiny
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

They aren't that tiny. I guess compared to the Dutch bunnies I used to have, they are tiny! lol
I have had so many rabbits in the past few years. Dutch. Mini Lop. Some kind of Dwarf. One that I have no idea what kind it was. Lops... Lets see if I can remember all their names. Pepper & Cobi were the Dutches. Thumper was the 'some kind of dwarf'. Bubba was the Mini Lop. He had an ear ache that made his head go side ways and I didn't know that was the problem at the time. I felt horrible after I found out. It was too late though. He was already dead. Ummm, Ranger was the one I had no idea. And the two lops were Prince & Gypsy.

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Okay.. if I get a reply to the ad on kijiji, what kind of questions should I ask?

Tags
rabbits