Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

but if you look at my cage, it is fairly small to fit a litterbox in there =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

They make diffrent sized litter pans, I use to have a really small one that just one bunny could fit in - I think something like that would fit in the cage you have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I have a tiny litter box that I used when they were in the small cage. I believe it's about the same size as your cage is and it fit just fine. Right now Teddy is out of the little cage because he is litter box trained but I am still using the tiny litter box for him. He does have 2 - still not sure how I wound up with 2 tiny litter boxes.
We used lineoleum on plywood for the bottom of our cube cage. Only problem is the edges were rounded and not tight to the board. The brats, oh I mean bunnies, chewed up the edges and them pulled up a lot of the lineoleum. My plan is this spring to redo it. Heck it's not like I ever close their cage any more. They have the entire bedroom to themselves. I have spoiled bunnies. Penelope and Teddy have their own rooms. Oliver and Ophelia share the middle room. Yeah. I need to get them bonded and in their own rooms! I want my craft room back.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

we use a tiny corner box for hoppity when hes in his cage, and he has a big cat box for when hes out, altho he usually just goes back in his cage to potty, and just plays in the bigger one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip View Post
I have a tiny litter box that I used when they were in the small cage. I believe it's about the same size as your cage is and it fit just fine. Right now Teddy is out of the little cage because he is litter box trained but I am still using the tiny litter box for him. He does have 2 - still not sure how I wound up with 2 tiny litter boxes.
We used lineoleum on plywood for the bottom of our cube cage. Only problem is the edges were rounded and not tight to the board. The brats, oh I mean bunnies, chewed up the edges and them pulled up a lot of the lineoleum. My plan is this spring to redo it. Heck it's not like I ever close their cage any more. They have the entire bedroom to themselves. I have spoiled bunnies. Penelope and Teddy have their own rooms. Oliver and Ophelia share the middle room. Yeah. I need to get them bonded and in their own rooms! I want my craft room back.
i live in an apartment and my family doesnt really like animal so im the only one taking care of my bunny, and therefore he is living in my room, I have no problem letting him out the whole day at all but except when i go to bed.. he will go crazy and i will go crazy also because i cant sleep at all =( thats my other concern building an NIC for him.. I will try to look for those small litter box and hopefully it will at least fix up the messy problem
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah - try to find a smaller litter box for in his cage. I got mine online but I've seen them in pet stores too, so hopefully you won't have too much trouble finding one. You could get a bigger one for outside his cage too if he seems to be using the bathroom a lot while he's out. I use to have to do that for Zeus, I had a small box in his cage that he would use when he was in there and another, bigger one, outside on the floor that he would use while he was out playing.

I understand what you mean about them being loud at night. Zeus and Barnaby are in my room and have woken me up plenty of times. My guys live in a NIC cage though and I don't think they're any louder then they would be in any other type of cage. If your worried that making diffrent levels would be loud because he would be jumping around all night, you could make it just one level. That's what mine is like because Zeus is to small to be able to jump up on the diffrent levels anyways, so I just built them a gaint 1-level cage with lots of floor space for them. Then you could definatly fit a bigger litter box in there as well.

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 PM

If you don't hate me I would like to help. I know what you mean by research being confusing, I was owned by rabbits half my life(i don't own them, they have me wraped), but i researched breeding buns for3 yrs. before starting and all the conflicting info scared me bad. Don't let it all get to you. He is 8 weeks old sometimes it takes a while for litter training but he will get it. Put liter box in cagew/ shavings in it also put small amount of hay in the box, rabbits like to eat and poo at the same time(just make sure you throw out that hay everyday and replace it)actually rabbits eat their own poo for the nutrients(i have never seen it happen but they do). when he is playing put box there as well. use a old towel/baby blanket for him bed As he gets older he will not go pee/poo on his sleeeping area.
Also buns are most active at night thats why he is so bouncy at night, I have tryed keep them out around the house during the day to tire them out, didn't work. Think about letting him out at sundown, putting him back when you go to bed and then first thing in morning before you go to work/school/etc.,
Don't worry you guys will be finepromise.

Tags
aspen shavings, box trained, cage door open, level cage, litter box, litter box trained, litter boxes, litter pan, litter train, litter training, pet store, pet stores, wood stove pellets