Need Safe Haven for Rabbit DFW - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Question Need Safe Haven for Rabbit DFW

I'm looking for a safe haven for my 8 yr old male rabbit. I live in an apartment now and have too many animals and can't afford the pet deposits. I want him to go to a good home where he'll be loved and don't want him to end up being snake food. I love this little guy.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Dawn Marie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Hi...welcome to paw talk.

8 years old is kind of old to be rehoming him. He's probably very use to you and set in his ways. Rehoming rabbits can be pretty hard on them, especially if he's been living with you that long.

If you really must rehome him and can't find him a new home yourself, you could take him to a rabbit rescue/shelter and hope that they can find him a good home. Here's one I found just by doing a google search. I don't know if any of them are near you, but you could do your own search to find others if need be.

http://ntrs.org/index.html

And in the future, if you post on any other forums/websites to try to find him a new home, more information would be helpful. Is he fixed, how is his health, what does he look like, pictures if you have them, his temperment/personality, is he good with other rabbits, children, other pets...things like that.

Good luck, I hope you can find him a good new home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Adolescent Pup

I agree with taking him to a shelter if you can't find a home. It's too bad you have to rehome him. I wish both of you a lot of luck! =D

Miss Ruby Alice -- Mini-lop Rabbit (2.5 years old)

Buddy -- Toy Poodle (9 years old)

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

-George Eliot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Betta Bomb

what other kinds of animals do you have to keep if you decided to re-home your 8 yr.old bunny?? if i had an 8 yr.old bunny and a 2 yr.old cat id keep the bunny and re-home the cat...im just saying-but good luck in whatever you do!