New Bun? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

New Bun?

(Sorry if this got posted twice)

We sent in our application to adopt a little bunny named Gaston sorry to all you who like the name... but I do not.. He is at a foster house thats pretty near us so we might get to see him this weekend!!! I am sooooo excited! He is an angora, and still pretty young well anyway Name suggestions accepted!!!!.... and greatly wanted!

We are planning to take him to some 4-H shows... but we are not compleatly sure we can becuase he is nuetered... we have to check that out, but there's gotta be some show he can go to right? lol.. but of course it wouldn't be for a LONG time, he's gotta settle in ect. ect. ect. He's pretty young too, isn't he soo cute! lol Like I said I need some name suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 06:32 PM

Aww, he's so sweet! (I'm thinking he looks more like a Jersey Woolie --which is a type of angora -- to me than any other kind of angora.)

As far as I know, there are no limits on 4-H animals that say they have to be unaltered in order to show them. At least, that's how it is here in Canada. In some 4-H groups, you HAVE To have an altered animal if they're above a certain age.

Let us know how it works out
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

He is an angora mix (I forgot the other breed, they told me lol) so he might have some Jersey Woolie in him. I was also wondering it'd be better for him to get his own cage or to spilt a cage with Lola, who is going to be spayed VERY soon, like before christmas soon. And also whats the best way to introduce them? I gotta get to building that cage before we get him.. it will be awhile though becuase he's at a rescue and they have to approve the house the people, pets ect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Awww! So cute!! ^_^

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Fertile Myrtle

What a cutie!!! Hmm, names, anything in particular you like? Human names, or something else?

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 07:19 PM

Red face

LolaBunny, he is so cute.. Is he crossed with a lion head rabbit? If so what about Leo for a name? Or maybe Dylan, Rodney or even Rufus!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 07:27 PM

I suggest that unless you're planning on building a BIG cage, don't put them together. Rabbits are territorial, and if there isn't enough space, they will DEFINITELY fight, even if they get along at "playtime".

The best way to introduce them is AFTER a 30-day quarantine period. If he's at a foster's house, then there are likely other animals there as well. 30 days will give both bunnies time to adjust to the natural flora and fauna of each other.

Then, start by having their cages in the same room so they can see each other, then slowly move the cages closer until they can smell each other. Next, try a short supervised playtime. Gradually increase the length of playtime, provided you are seeing positive results.

I would NOT introduce them until you know the temperament (at the very least) of this new bunny. If he is agressive, then you should be very careful and monitor him closely.

Good luck!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I really don't have a name prefrence.. lol my other bun's name is Lola... but NOT after Bugs bunnies' Girlfriend Lola... lol. Supposivly he's pretty easy goin but we shall see...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 02:09 AM

So, have you decided what to call him???
His really cute
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 01:14 PM

He is so cute. Congrats. Good luck with the bunny bonding.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:05 PM

Oh, gosh, he's stunningly gorgeous!!! And, I just love the tips of his ears ... melts my heart!

Hmmm, as far as names, I think any one of these would be great for him:

Chestnut
Cocoa
Fozzie
Zoey
Beaux
Cody
Saji (pronounced sah-gee)
Danté
Reese or Reesee
Chip or Chipper
Diablo
Pierre
Rory
Khalua
Caleb
Sebastian

Do you like any of those?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 05:33 PM

Hi,
He looks like my babies who are english angoras.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baron Thanksgiving20.jpg (19.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Baron snoozing.jpg (38.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Angel Nov8.jpg (33.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Angel Nov9.jpg (23.4 KB, 1 views)