New bunnies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

New bunnies

I haven't been on here for awhile - I'm having some problems with my computer (I think). Everytime I try to post it freezes up my internet browser and I lose my posts. Chris has his computer all set up but we haven't gotten around to calling the cable people yet.

Anyways I'm going to try posting and see if it works. I just wanted to share that I got two more rabbits on Sunday. I don't know if any of you remember, but awhile back I posted about a pair of holland lops that needed a home. Well they were still at a foster home and needed somewhere else to go, so I took them in. They are techniquely fosters (to keep Chris happy) but I have a strong feeling that they will be staying.

So now I'm up to three bunnies! It's weird, but nice, having more around. I missed having a bonded pair, it's so fun watching them play and snuggle together. Barnaby is excited to have more bunnies around, he keeps showing off for them doing crazy binkies around their cage. All the bunnies are in the same room, but they're not allowed to play together yet.

I'm trying to think of new names for the lops, since I'm not really sure if I like the names they came with. I'll post some pictures later on, now that I finally found the camra!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:24 PM
is a little "special"

OMG Im soooo happy for you!!!
Theyre the 2 black and white spotted lops, right? I remember them!
You NEED some picks up soon! Cant wait to see your ew fur babies! <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
RAT ADDICT

Congrats!! Can't wait to see them.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I was hoping you'd get them! Congrats, I really hope they get to stay with you.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats!!!

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone

Here is the picture of them I posted before.

The black and white one is a girl. Before I got her I was told that she was very shy - but she's already coming right up to me asking for treats. She doesn't mind being held either. Her ears are so cute! She's a holland lop, but she can move her ears and sometimes sticks them up or out to the sides. Her name was "Amelie", which I actually kind of like but I'm not sure if I pronounce it right, lol.

The grey and white one is a male (both are fixed, oveously). He's hyper and was doing binkies around the bunny room literally 5 minutes after I got him out of the carrier. He hates being picked up, but is friendly and likes to head butt me when I'm trying to clean. His name was "Toki". I'm thinking of changing it to Ziggy. He has kind of a zigzag pattern on his face and because he's so hyper. He kind of reminds me of Zeus a little. He has the same color on him and is hyper like Zeus was, but not as much of a brat (so far).

I'll try to get new pictures of them and Barnaby soon.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats!!

That's cute how welcoming Barnaby is! Fiona and Elvis just try to attack other rabbits through the bars .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Playful Pup

OMG They are so CUTE!!!!!! I have a Broken Black Lop too named Asia. I love the little Broken grey Lop, he is beautiful.

I like the names Capri (Ka-Pre) and Kaluha is another name I like alot for Girls.

I like Tonka for a Boy

Hope it helps, Either way they are so Cute!!!! Congrats and Goodluck on the "Fosters" Thats what Asia was too, until she STAYED!

Proud Mom of:
Peyton- 2.5yr Old

Tyson- 5 yr old Miniature Pinscher

Dodger-8 Yr old Miniature Pinscher

Shiverz- 3 yr old DSH

Whisper- 2 yr old Siamese

Popperz-American Guinea Pig

Oh yes and My Husband Brian(He's as bad as the Kids)

R.I.P- Gunther- Netherland Dwarf Rabbit

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Congratulations! They are darling.
You have to get your computer running again. We miss you!

Oh and Penelope was a foster. Come to think of it so was Teddy! Jay's only complaint about them now is that they are not bonded. He never ever mentions that they were once not supposed to stay.

I cannot wait to see more pictures of them and Barnaby. Your buns are all so cute you could put out your own calendar!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:20 PM

ohh congrats! ^^ they are adorable!
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Ha yeah, well of course I want to keep them. Chris still seems unsure of them. He doesn't really like lops and he doesn't like the broken pattern. I don't understand why, but whatever. These two have wonderful personalities though, I'm sure they'll be able to win him over eventually. Plus, even if they don't Chris is kind of at the point where he doesn't care what pets I have, as long as I do all the work involved with taking care of them.

I'm hoping that eventually I can get them to bond with Barnaby. Right now I have to let them out to play in shifts. Barnaby gets to stay out all night, then the lops get to stay out all day. Chosen that way because the lops play way louder than Barnaby does, and our bedroom isn't too far away from the bunny room.

The little male is so funny, I gave him a few of Barnaby's old toys and he loves throwing them around. I made the mistake of giving him a toy with a bell in it, then had to go take it away from him at 2 in the morning

Oh, and Chris finally called the cable company - so tomorrow we should have the good computer online! My laptop is just a mess. It freezes all the time and is soo slow, annd one of the hinges that attaches the moniter broke too. I think I'm going to have to retire it after we get the desktop working online. At least it lasted me until I graduated.

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congrats Michelle! They're absolutely adorable.

Stephanie

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks!

I got bored and decided to take some pictures.

Here is the boy. He is kind of hard to get good pictures of since he's always moving around.

He has the biggest bunny nose, it's so cute!

I'll put the girl in another post so this one isn't crazy long.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Okay here is the girlie. I got a ton of cute pics of her, it was hard deciding which ones to post. She's my first female bunny. I think it's funny that I've had rabbits for so long, but I've never had a female before.

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Annnd here are a couple pics of them together.