New bunny - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ok
I don't have much experience with traveling with bunnies, I plan to move 20 hrs away next year with my bunnies and my cat. I can't really help you on that. I know that when I was trying to bond my bunnies I use to ride them in the car, they were really scared so that made them bonds. Maybe your bunny will get use to the traveling. I have no idea

How far will you be traveling???

I don't know about straw, I use carefresh and at first I was afraid they would eat it, but they don't. It depends on the person really. Just give it a try and see how you like it.

Oh they also have these "corner" littlebox. They have the shape of a triangle and fits perfectly in a corner, I really like them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Travelling and potty training

Hi again,
Thanks for replying. We will be travelling for about a hour on fridays and a hour on sundays - most weekends. The websites say bunnies hate travelling... Maybe she will get used to it? I put her in a card board box that has straw in the bottom and a blanket too. Its not that big so she can feel secure... Does anyone have any thoughts on this???

I am going to try the carefresh in the litter box. Im so concernced she will eat it... You said your bunnies dont eat it. Does anyone else have any success with carefresh? What else do people use in there litter boxes??

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Bunnies Do hate travelling and are scared of it (well most of them) but i guess your bunny will have to get used to it unless you have any other options
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

What do you use in your litter box?

I hope she gets used to it. She only going to be 8 weeks this coming Thurs, so maybe if she starts travelling at a young age she will learn to accept/love it?

Can everyone post when they use in their cages and whats in your litter boxes?? I use aspen in my cage and have put carefresh in her litter box mixed with alittle of aspen. I am getting mixed reviews about carefresh.

Thanks.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I think if you get her used to it now she may just learn to like it.

I use feline pine and hay in the litter boxes. I use feline pine for the kitties as well. I think it's easier to use one litter for all of them. It works well to neutralize odor too. Of course when you pee outside the litter box (Ophelia) it tends to stink up the room.
I don't have bedding in there. I have a towel for Oliver since he is a good boy and only pees in his litter box. I am looking forward to that day with Ophelia.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Ok thank you

Tags
aspen shavings, carefresh bedding, cat food, feline pine, holland lop, house rabbit, house rabbit society, litter box, litter box training, litter boxes, litter train, litter trained, litter training, litter tray, pet store, potty train, potty training, rabbit society, timothy hay