New Bunnys.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 06:18 PM
nikky

Talking New Bunnys....

My b/f has been staying at my house alot latley and has been playing with my bunnys alot, about a week ago he said 'i would not mind some bunnys but i'd like some big ones' so yesterday i went out and bought 2 rex bunnys they are 7 weeks old for him for xmas. I've talked to his sister who used to have bunnys and asked her if i could use her large bunny house for her brother until we get one for him of corse she said yes aslong as she can play with them. I need to know how big they grow, what there temprement is like, and any other tips i can jot down for instuctions for when i give them to him. Would my mini lops be in any danger if one day they go near each other. by the way i've named them bonnie (girl) clyde (boy). please i need huge feed back about these bunnys. BTW they are in seperate housing. the breeder that i bought them off says they have to be fixed when they are at the age for it and i had to sign a contract saying that i will bring them back for that plus i've already payed for it. but please id really apreceate anyone who knows about this breed of rabbit give me as much advise as possibale.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Rex rabbits usually weigh 7-9 pounds when full grown and I believe can actually get up to 10 pounds.

They need regular grooming, more then a shorthaired bunny, but other then that don't really have any special needs.

They are however, prone to having sore hocks so should be in a cage with a solid base...not one with a wire bottom.

Rex rabbits are usually calm and friendly, though mine is rather grumpy, lol. Of course, this is like his third home so he has problems. One other thing I've noticed is that they seem to be messy and harder to housebreak then the average rabbit. Of course, that's just my experiences.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:42 PM
nikky

thank you heaps sasami. any thing else please tell me

Tags
mini lop, mini lops