New condo for the buns - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

New condo for the buns

http://www.leithpetwerks.com/indexpage.cfm?category=1

I'm planning to order the buns the two story condo from this website, has anyone from here bought one of these? I know they're somewhat popular in the states as far as Rabbit housing goes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Betta Bomb

The second one pictured there? Looks like it can be made up pretty nice Do they outside free run as well? The cage doesn't look like it can accommodate binkies!! But if they can come out then I think it's fine
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

This is the one I want and yes, they get run time when I'm home and pretty much have free range of my room, this condo is 48inches long so it's almost as big as the one I have at home. It looks real real nice, I just have to make sure they're giant litter box can fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

I have the three story 48 inch condo from there. I love it I got mine when we first moved into our new place about 3 years ago and it's still holding up really really well. Looks like new, but I do clean it a lot and all that. The doors are a good size and it's easy to clean. If your bunnies chew a lot, I recommend getting the chew guards for inside the condo.

One thing I really like about the cages is that it's modular, so if anything ever does happen to part of the cage you can replace a part instead of having to replace the whole cage.

I personally think they look nicer than most other types of rabbit cages, and they have a good amount of space as far as rabbit cages go. They'll still need time to run around outside of the cage but the cage is big enough for mine that they do play a lot inside the cage. And it's more than enough space for them to be able to stretch out and relax, and stand fully up on their hind legs when they want too.

Actually for my bunnies, it's funny because I almost never shut them in their condo, so the door is always open for them. Still a lot of the time they prefer to hang out in their condo over anywhere else in the house.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I can probably answer them for you I know the cages are a bit pricey, but over all I do recommend them.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just have to make sure they're giant litter box can fit.
I use giant modified storage totes for litter boxes and they fit fine. I keep a giant litter box on the first floor of the condo and it takes up a lot of space on that floor but fits nicely under the area where the ramp is.

Last edited by Dragonrain; 12-03-2011 at 11:16 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

YaY! I'm glad someone has one, I'm thinking of getting no carpet on either floor and the extra plexi glass so nothing falls out (since that's a major problem I have with my current condo, they love to kick their poop out) and yes, they do love to chew, so I guess the chew guards are a good idea, how was it shipped to you? was it easy to put together?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

I got the carpet with mine when I got it but eventually ended up taking it out. It worked well but the bunnies fur when they shed really seemed to stick to the carpet a ton and it was kind of hard to clean it off. It's easier to clean without the carpet, since the bottom is lined with plastic I just spray it with vinegar and water and whip it down. I use the top floor of my condo as a little bed/sleeping area for them so I gave them fleece blankets to lay on, they are easier to clean than the rug was.

You'll have to tell me how the plexi glass works, I didn't get that with mine. Although I see how it would come in handy because I do get some hay and poo that falls down through the cage bars. Luckily though, the cage is on wheels and even though the one I have is almost as tall as I am it's pretty easy for me to wheel it around so that I can clean under it.

Like I said I got mine about 3 years ago but looking back I think mine was shipped in 3 boxes, one for each floor. The wire part kind of folds up flat and then there's the bottom wooden floors and the top. I don't remember what kind of shipping I got or anything like that, sorry.

It's simple to put together but can get a bit frustrating. Basically the wire part fits into a groove in the wood on the floors and on the top so it's just a matter of lining everything up properly. I was able to put mine together on my own so I think if I can do it just about anyone should be able to

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Has anyone done any business with Leith pet werks?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Other than getting my bunny condo from them about 3 years ago I've also ordered other things like additional supplies for the condo, toys for my bunnies, and once I got a litter box from them.

Why do you have any questions? The company is good, I never had any complaints when I ordered from them. There shipping seemed kind of expensive to me which is why I don't order from them more often but other than that I never had any complaints.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

I live very close to Leith Pet Werks. I was going to make an appointment to buy some supplies from the company this past summer. The man that I spoke with said that I needed to prepay for my order. Since I had never heard of the company before, I didn't feel comfortable doing so. I suggested that I would pay cash when we met at the warehouse to pick up my order. He was unwilling to do it that way, so I was never able to do business with them. The company claims to have been in business in this area for many years. I've never heard anything negative or positive about the company, so I decided to stick with buying my supplies in the small pet stores in Salem Oregon.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Well I've never had any problems with them and know quite a few other rabbit owners who have dealt with them and had positive experiences

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

My local rabbit rescue buys things from them and I don't think they've ever had any issues.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good luck on choosing, I think Midwest has good line of cages for rabbits and small animals.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

In general, I usually buy my guinea pig supplies from local pet supply stores, and not on-line. But, now that I'm aware that leithpetwerks.com has been used by forum members, I won't have a problem with buying from it.