New Easter discovery - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

New Easter discovery

Well... It's that time of year when little girls all over the land don the famous Green uniform and peddle their cookies. Found out that not only do us human folk go nuts over Girl Scout Cookies but so do BUNS!! My female has discovered Samoas! She loves them and can tell when that is the package being opened. She is very odd when it comes to food preferences. She loves corn chips, potato chips, Wheat Thins, Frosted Mini Wheats, brownies. I really think she has quite the sweet tooth. Anyone else have Buns who think they are human by what they eat???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

yep my girls would snack on all those things...however they have no nutritional value and if your bun gets fed too much sweet foods like that, they will refuse to eat their hay/pellets/veggies etc. and you will end up with one seriously sick bun. I'd limit those kind of sweets to special occassions only..birthday and christmas...and even then only a tiny amount...it's not worth the risk imo.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My rabbit used to go mad for kit kats he loved them, if he heard you open one he was chewing at his cage door in no time, he only used to get a little on special occasions though as they aren't very good for your bunny and have no nutritional value whatsoever but Boris didn't care and he lived to about 13 years old so didn't do him any harm

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Last edited by Amethystbelle; 03-30-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm sure my rabbits would love those foods, but I don't want sick bunnies. However, Sake LOVES cheese and occasionally gets a bit.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 05:18 PM

I have never tryed giving my bunny junk food like that...Closest thing she gets is a bananna, apple, or a dried canberry.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:47 PM

Bleety and Cupcake both LOVE cereal. I think Bleety's eaten a few bowls since we had him (OK maybe not THAT much)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Boris didn't care and he lived to about 13 years old so didn't do him any harm
Wow that must have been a healthy bunny!
As for the post...erm i haven't given Dusty anything like that really...she sometimes gets the odd chocolate drop or bunny popcorn piece but she lives outside so she doesn't really know what i'm eating - probably for the best! i can just imagine a hyperactive bunny rabbit hopping up the wall