The new guy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The new guy!

I finally got my new bunny!

Here's the story, lol. Sorry it's long.

Chris and I stayed up allllllll night, then at 5 in the morning we left and took a bus into the city. Then we had to walk from the bus stop to Grand Central station - neither of us had been there before. Well we didn't have too much trouble getting there, and once we were there it was easy to find the meeting spot we set up - but we were way early. We got there around 6 and weren't sapose to meet the guy untill around 7:20. So we just stood around, lol, got yelled at for sitting on the stairs - they really needed some benches in that place!

Finally it turned 7, and we went to the middle of the room where we were sapose to met the guy. But all I had to go on was that he was a 30ish asian man who would have a pet carrier, lol. My pet carrier doesn't look like a pet carrier, it looks more like a bag - so I didn't know what kind of carrier he would have. Do you know how many 30ish asian men were walking around with things that could have been pet carriers!? lol - so anyway, it got to be about 7:30 and I was looking in one direction and Chris was like "hey is that him!?" and it was!

So he transfered Kiwi over to my pet carrier - I only got to see him for a second or two - he said bye, and we left, as simple as that! (in case anyone didn't know, I got Kiwi from a family about 2 hours away from me that couldn't keep him anymore because the father was allergic to his hay).

We brought him home and had a cage set up for him. He was very nervous for awhile but ate some hay and has calmed down alot. I thought Zeus would be freaked out, but strangly he doesn't even seem like he cares. He's completly ignoring Kiwi, and Kiwi is to nervous to investigate Zeus (They're cages are right next to each other, they both had blood/poo tests and were checked over by a vet beforehand and are both healthy so I put them right next to each other). lol right now Zeus is in one corner of his cage taking a nap, while poor Kiwi is sitting in his litter pan nervous as can be.

And now after Chris made fun of me that I wasn't tough because I was tired after staying up all night, he's passed out!

So we're thinking of renaming him either Sampson or Barnaby - I think he's going to be Barnaby because Chris keeps calling him Barnaby Jones, lol.

I bothered the poor guy to steal a few pics - they're not that good and don't do him justice at all - he was nervous and I didn't want to bother him much. But here they are anyways - I'm sure I'll have better ones soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

So glad to hear you finally got him. *Congrats*

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He is so Beautiful!

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

teehee thanks!

He looks terrified in those pictures though, the poor dear.

I looove his fur! It's so soft - and it's like two colors all over his body - each hair has light brown and dark brown/black. So if you see him from diffrent angles he looks diffrent colors. And I can definatly see why they call them lionheads, lol - he has a crazy mane.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I am so happy for you and Zeus! He looks like a cutie. I am sure he will settle in soon. It was a long trip for him after all.
I loved the story of how you got him. I am sure that description fit a ton of guys there.
Now go get a nice long sleep!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
dark brown, litter pan