New Harness & Pictures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

New Harness & Pictures

I bought a new harness for my bigger bunnies (Bo & Jackpot) after seening a few people on teh board reccomended this type.
So far only two of my bunnies go on leads, Bo & Aniseed.
Well it was time to try out the new harness with Mr. Bo, he had a great time in it, running about, digging and eating grass and of course playing with his other girlfriend (though he has many) Whizzer.

digging

"What are you looking at?"

"Your feet smell"

"yeah well, you bend all funny"

Kisses! Caught in the act!

"Do you think anyone saw?"

BTW: I really like this new harness, and plan to buy a smaller one for Aniseed. I find the velcrow So much easier to use and I don't feel i am choking my bunny if they pull away from me, it's like this harness is more like a vest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Cute!! Yeah, I love that harness. So far I've only had two rabbits (out of a lot, lol) who don't like it. And one of those probably would've gotten used to it if I hadn't given up so fast...she was one of my first bunnies.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

Cute pics! I love it when people make little stories with their pics, yours was funny, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Cute, looks like he had fun!

I was going to get Zeus a harness like that, but I don't think they make them small enough? He's a really tiny dwarf bun. I'm kind of afraid he'll escape too since it's just velcrow keeping it on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 AM

What a cutie!!!! I have the same harness but my bun refuses to wear it. He doesnt let anyone or anything near his stomach. Maybe because he was neutered years ago? Who knows.

Looks like your little baby had a lot of fun! If it snows by you during the winter time, you should bring him out in the snow. My bun loves snow! (I bring it in and fill his litter box with it)

Thanks for sharing the pics!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Will It Ever Change?

great pics! glad the harness (which looks super cool btw) is working out well. i LOVE your captions

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain
Cute, looks like he had fun!

I was going to get Zeus a harness like that, but I don't think they make them small enough? He's a really tiny dwarf bun. I'm kind of afraid he'll escape too since it's just velcrow keeping it on.
They make a 'small' but I'm not sure the dimensions. Also it has the velcrow AND snaps on it as well. I like how the velcrow goes first, as it's easier then snaps.

Quote:
What a cutie!!!! I have the same harness but my bun refuses to wear it. He doesnt let anyone or anything near his stomach. Maybe because he was neutered years ago? Who knows.

Looks like your little baby had a lot of fun! If it snows by you during the winter time, you should bring him out in the snow. My bun loves snow! (I bring it in and fill his litter box with it)
Bo is Neutered, he was neutered last year when I took him in, he was almost 4 years old. All my rabbits are spayed/neutered (7 out of 9, two new girls go in soon). Alot of rabbits just don't care for their bellies being rubbed. It may just take some time for him to get used to it. Once Aniseed found she could play outside when she wore it, she dosn't mind having it on anymore.

As for snow....

These picture was taken last year. My Jersey Wooley bunny Baby loves the snow the most.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 01:16 PM

cute pix!!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 04:41 PM

Hey do you know if they have those for Rats?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Guarded by Waffles

And for SMALL ferrets? Even the adjustable harness at the smallest setting is too big for Gunny

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Title Thief Victim

very cute i miss my bun bun!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very cute! I tried putting my rabbits on harnesses before, but they kept trying to back to their pen! I thought they would love to explore the yard, but they just wanted to be in their own territory.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 06:29 PM

cough cough rexes are the best cough cough
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentz
cough cough rexes are the best cough cough
hehehe.. ain't that the truth
I love my rex buns. (But don't tell the others).

I'm not sure how small small is, BUT i think I saw one with a picture of a ferret on it once, If I see it again I'll post what it's called.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I have one that was from Tabby. I learned that she really couldn't get anywhere too quickly but I still put the harness on her when we were out. I just didn't need the leash. I have been thinking of using it on the others I just have not gotten up the courage yet. They are all so crazy. I think that Penelope may need the smaller size. She is a tiny little thing. I am looking forward to putting them all in a pen in the yard
Hey do you guys think that bringing them outside to bond them may be a good idea? I know it will be scary spot.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
litter box, pet rats