new here! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Smile new here!

hello everyone,
I am a bunny lover! I own two buns, one female named lady who is a mini rex, she is all white and very pretty! I own a male mini lop named brownie and he is tan in color. Next week is Brownie's big day to be fixed! I pray that all will go well! I had a mini lop that passed away last year right before the new year, that was real hard.
I enjoy my buns very much they give me such joy to watch them!
We also own a shetland sheepdog who enjoys the buns company too, except of course when lady tries to eat his food. lol.
Lately our lady has been in heat and acting so moody, any others experience that, she is driving us crazy, its like she has bunny pms.
well I must go for now!
bye

Andrea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 08:33 AM

hi andrea, welcome to paw talk!! i am going to get my rabbit fixed soon too - i know what you mean about bunny pms! my rabbit thinks she is pregnant and has been pulling out all her nice fur to make a nest! what a silly bunny.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Hi!
LAdy has been doing that too! (pulling her hair out!) I think she gets upset when i remove the pulled hair, then she go's to that spot and the hair is all gone! Then she probably thinks, she has to start all over again.
I am strongly thinking about getting her fixed too. My Brownie is only 5months old and lady is 10 months old. How old is your bun? Well I have to go and finish up the laundry!
bye
andrea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:49 AM

Hey.

My rabbit is already 1 year old. I left it quite late to think about getting her fixed because of the cost... and until she was 1 year old about 2 weeks ago she had never pulled her fur out before. I guess they don't reach a suitable mating age till then... now we are trying to find the money because it's not fair to leave her thinking she's going to have kittens when she's not. Also there's less chance of them getting cancer in their reproductive organs which is a bonus lol

~Ellie~
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 12:42 PM

Welcome to paw talk i own 3 bunnies!! 2 girls and 1 boy =)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Hi Luciana-
The icon picture of your bun is exactly like my male mini lop BRownie!! How cute!!

bye
andrea
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Heres my buns just click on the link then click on the picture to reveil the rest!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/annie3000100

andrea
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 04:20 PM

Red face

Hi Andrea and to PT! I have 4 bunnies - 2 boys & 2 girls.. I also have 5 degus.. Look forward to hearing more about you and your pets!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Welcome to PT! I have three bunnies of my own . I know what you mean with bunny pms, Sake (my mini-lop) has that...right now, actually. She needs to be spayed but I don't trust our vet anymore and I can't find another one willing to do the surgery.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie3001
Hi Luciana-
The icon picture of your bun is exactly like my male mini lop BRownie!! How cute!!

bye
andrea
oh really? that's my boy Thor
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 12:11 AM

Talking Welcome!

Welcome to PT. I myself am still pretty new here but learning everyone is willing to help make the world a better place for our four-legged masters. Both my buns are fixed and wouldn't have it any other way just because of the health issues. Once again welcome!

Tags
mini lop, mini rex