New Lionhead Bunny Questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Smile New Lionhead Bunny Questions

Hi. I just got a lionhead bunny on Thursday. I'm not sure how old it is because the pet store didn't seem to know, though they guessed about 7 weeks. I would say its between 5-7 when I compare it to other bunnies I see online. He/She is very small, but very fluffy. I also don't know its sex yet so I guess I'll have to wait a couple months to find out.

I was googling online and saw a lot of people saying to feed in 1/4th cup of pellets and unlimited hay. I also heard people saying to free feed the pellets as well. Bunny seems to eat more hay than pellets anyway, but how much pellets do I feed it? Also, I read that you should feed your bunnies up to 1 cup of fresh veggies a day. How long do I have to wait before I do that? Or can I start now? I tried to offer Bunny a carrot but she/he didn't seem to want it. Which might be a good thing if it's not supposed to have it yet anyway. Right now Bunny is on Timothy Hay and Timothy Hay pellets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first bunny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Rodentologist

How much to feed them depends on their age!

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.html

That's rabbit.org's guide to bunny feedin'!

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Playful Pup

You'll have to post some pics, I recently got a lionhead bunny as well. She's 5 months old and I had rescued her from the humane society.

----------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- Trixie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- Jersey

-- Ginger

-- Coco

-- Jagg

RIP
-- Hammy
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Newborn Pup

lionhead bunny feed

i feed my Lionheads 1/2 cup of pellets and i try not to feed them hay until they've eaten some of their pellets. like say if i feed in the morning then i'll give them hay as an afternoon treat. to tell sex you just need to flip it over. if the animal is over 2-3 months old you will see little bulges around his personal area. if you do not see the bulges it is most likely a girl.

good luck!

Tags
bunny, feeding, lionhead