New Rabbit Owner! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

New Rabbit Owner!

Hi Everyone,

Though I've been on the board for a long time, I have just recently become a proud owner of 2 very adorable bunny boys.
I adopted both boys on Sunday and they are really settling in to their new suroundings.
Both boys are brown and neutered, Baby is fuzzy and weighs 3.5lbs while Jack-Pot is a lop weight about 7lbs. Jack-pot is just over a year old, while Baby is about 2 or so.

I'm a volunteer for a local non profit animal rescue, and that's where I came across these boys. I had been researching Rabbits and Guinea pigs the past few years on and off, in search for a good house pet that could replace my need for a kitty (allergies).

I have everything the boys had in their old home to help with the transition, same hutch/food/hay toys ect. They are set up in my living room where we spend most of our time. They even have a window they can look out from there second floor of their hutch.

Anyways, I'm looking for helpful tips from other bunny owners, I'm sure I will be posting many questions here as I learn the ropes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats!!!!!!

Rabbits are the best . I can't wait for some pics .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I finally took a couple picture of my new buns!

This is Baby

This is jack-pot

And the boys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww, they're so cute!

I love how they both have the same coloring .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Part of the Pack

wow! you're rabbits are beautiful! how exciting! you must be so thrilled to have them! they are very very adorable!

their set up sounds perfect! i have my bunnies cages setup by the window as well, and they LOVE to watch the birds and the trees sway! on nice days when the weather is warm and beautiful the window is open and they just lie down and sniff the fresh air for hours!

feel free to ask many questions as you can think of as they come to you! i know you'll love having bunnies - especially when they binky around!

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

Cute!!! I had bunnies and my bunnies liked to lay in the sun in our backyard. they loved celery. (Did i spell that right?)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks everyone!

I love these guys so much. They make me very happy, i can just sit and watch them and it's all good.
Tonight I picked up some more Parsley for them, but also Cilantro, Romine lettus, green peppers and peas in the pod (flat ones). So they will have yummy breakfasts for a while!

Here's my first questions, If Bunnies kinda grind their teeth, are they mad? or happy?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaS15
Thanks everyone!

I love these guys so much. They make me very happy, i can just sit and watch them and it's all good.
Tonight I picked up some more Parsley for them, but also Cilantro, Romine lettus, green peppers and peas in the pod (flat ones). So they will have yummy breakfasts for a while!

Here's my first questions, If Bunnies kinda grind their teeth, are they mad? or happy?
Grinding teeth is like purring and usually means they are contented. They'll make that noise when you pet or groom them.

However, it can also mean they are in pain if they do it alot and look distressed...but I'm sure your bunnies are just happy in their new home .

~Stephanie

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
Grinding teeth is like purring and usually means they are contented. They'll make that noise when you pet or groom them.

However, it can also mean they are in pain if they do it alot and look distressed...but I'm sure your bunnies are just happy in their new home .
Ya, Baby does it whenever I am petting him.
I'm glad to here he is happy and not wanting to bite me LOL...

Tags
animal rescue, guinea pig