No Bunny Yet - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

No Bunny Yet

I went to the other rescue and met the dwarf tri-color guy. He seemed very friendly. There was a black female in the cage next to him that was very sweet and social. Neither of them really grabbed my heart, though. I really liked the two brothers at the first shelter.

I'm going to sit down with DH tonight and talk finances. If I get the brothers, I don't think I have to neuter them. But I have to buy a cage and supplies. If I get one from the other rescue then I get the rabbit, cage, food and litter for $35 but I have to pay to have them neutered ($25 for the male). It's not really all about money but also what's easier and I really liked the brothers the best I think.

Still waiting on a call or email from the third place (with Thumper and Lil' Guy) they have no contact info or addy on their site, which is driving me nuts. How the heck am I supposed to go visit them if I can't find out where they are?

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

ugh how frustrating with the third shelter! Sounds like you've got your heart set on the brothers (they were baby and the other one right??. They were gorgeous!!!!!! And if they are living together and a year old they won't fight...they are bonded. About 10% of male rabbits will get along with each other...that's why there is the rule don't get a male as a playmate for another male...cause not everyone wants to have two seperate cages and they then risk being in a shelter.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Yeah, I know! I still need to research cages... which ones are best, how much they cost, etc. Guess that's what I'll do tonight and then try to make a decision.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

with the cage go for the biggest you can afford!!! IMO a cage is never big enough (except maybe mandie's cage for lucky jack!) ...try to get something with height in it too so you can put boxes and stuff in there for them to jump on. I wish my girls cages were bigger but they are well designed. They are both on stands and Molly's has a shelf under it so I can put all their food there. They both have a large opening at the top and a small one at the front. Their trays slide out the bottom of the cage and I can do a thorough clean on their cages in 15 minutes (each).
I use vinegar to clean their cages out too....it works wonderfully and is rabbit safe (and Ryland safe for you!) I know you use vinegar on everything else and I just wanted to let you know it works wonders in the cages!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:22 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Christi I just looked on that Orlando site....did you see the English Lop girl?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:24 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Well parp!!! Did you see this on their website?
Quote:
Children should be close to or over the age of 8 or 9, but an adult must be the primary caretaker
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Yes, I did. That's the site (www.orlandorabbit.org) that I can't get anyone to tell me where they are! I just saw this, too, We charge a $65 adoption fee for a single rabbit and a $100 adoption fee for bonded pairs.

IMO that's quite pricey. Nevermind, I think I like those two boys better anyway! LOL

Wife to an amazing man,

|

Tags
adoption fee, lucky jack, seperate cages