Is this normal - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Question Is this normal

We got Ollie a Little brother this past thursday. They are getting along great, free range of the house all day together, no fights, litter training is a pain in the butt with Jett, but we're getting there. Hes going next to the litter boxes and not in them

Okay so for my question. Since we have gotten Jett Ollie has been eating less pellets and greens/veggies. Jett is chowing down on the greens but not the pellets. Has anyone else had this problem? Hes still eating them, but not all of them.

and a new picture of Little Man Jett

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I have not had this as I got my buns at the same time but I just had to tell you that Jett is a darling! His ears look so long!
If you are very concerned that Ollie is not eating enough you could tempt him with baby food. Or possibly hand feed him his greens and veggies. That is what I have been doing to help bond with my Oliver and Ophelia.
Good luck and I am very happy they are getting along well.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. His ears are very long. I think he might be a big boy, hes a mix, the vet seems to think he has some rex in him, but not sure what else. He weighted in at 2lbs 8ozs and hes only about 12 weeks old.

I will try the baby food to tempt him. Hes just always has been my bottomless pit. He would eat everything and anything you put in front of him. He even passed on banana yesterday. Jett happily ate both shares.

I just worry that Oliver is getting depressed, and thats why hes not eating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Rabbits hide it when they become sick, so I think it would be best to seperate them for a while so you can make sure that Oliver is pooping alright and see if his eating improves.

I have two rabbit that are a bonded pair. If I put their food in a bowl, my female eats all the pellets and my male gets nothing. I have a good size area that I fill with hay and I sprinkle the pellets in the hay. They both spend a good deal of time digging for the pellets. It gives them something to do so they don't get bored, and my male gets a chance to eat his fair share of pellets.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Part of the Pack

moonchild-I really like the idea of hiding the pellets in the hay. Switching things up a bit for something different.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Part of the Pack

katy, your little buddy jett is adorable. If bunny is eating lots of hay he is getting what he needs. Keep monitoring the poop. Lucky goes through phases like that too (right now in fact) usually only a couple of days in a row. His salads are left unfinished and pellets sit for a long while. Eventually through the day they are eaten. He also seems depressed. He doesn't have a little buddy to play with. I'm curious to know if his companion makes a difference with your buns.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Okay he is eating his pellets once again, and poos are looking normal.

I have seen a difference in Ollie since I've boughten Jett home. He seem to be more active, they chase each other all day, do lots of binkys. After we had Ollie nuetured he cut down a lot n his binkys, now hes doing them again. He also seems to be spending more tine in his room, with Jett, not coming out to play with us as much anymore. He still loves on us, and lets us love on him, but hes busy loving on his little brother now.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Title Thief Victim

I have no idea...but he's handsome!

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:50 PM

Jett is OMGosh soooo CUTE
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 10:59 PM

your rabbit looks so velvetty
velvetine rabbit lol

Tags
litter box, litter boxes, litter train, litter training