OK for my bunny? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

OK for my bunny?

Is this ok for my rabbit? Im going to save up and buy this for her. I want somthing this is big enough for her, allowers her to get sun, and also allowers her to get some shade. I want to buy somthing, as i can not make things and i dont have the time or patients. and i rather have somthing nice looking rather than somthing that you can tell i made.
if you scroll down alittle it shows you all the different pics and things you can do with it. she will only be out there with superision.

eBay: guinea pig,rabbit,cages GABLED HUTCH/RUN COMBO LB-309 (item 220105784509 end time May-03-07 21:10:31 PDT) \

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I really like that hutch. I also like the fact that you can fold down the front of the run. If you want to give your rabbit more room to run, you could add a dog play pen to the front when you are outside with your rabbit, and keep her inside the hutch at night. The biggest problem with outdoor rabbits is preditors, so I hope your yard is safe from foxes etc., because I doubt if that hutch will hold up to large preditors. I keep my rabbits outside also, and if I didn't have a hutch, the hutch you picked out would be one of my first choices.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Will this be her permanent cage or just for outside?

The only thing I would think about would be the fact that it's wood. Her urine might soak into it and then it'll start to smell. Wood isn't exactly easy to clean. But it's a cute cage!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I sealed the bottom of my wood floor with a polyurethane varnish before using it. I left it alone for about two weeks and then hosed it down and the smell of the varnish went away. It is easier to clean a outdoor hutch because you can take the hose to it. Also, keep plenty of hay and sticks inside to keep the rabbit from chewing on the wood.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

naw, its just for nice days. she will have a big cage in my room, and she also will be able to play in the cats room on days she cant go out. i wouldnt leave my bunny out all night, but no, we dont have wild animals really...i live on a busy intersection..but shes not staying out more that a few hours anyways.

Carissasaurus Rex

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I think it would be great then . Just make sure she doesn't try to dig out...my rabbit Elvis would . But since she'll be supervised that won't be a problem anyways.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

ya, ill probley be laying in a lawn chair next to her lol. i dont get her untill 2 weeks though. lol

Carissasaurus Rex

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 PM

Just remember that rabbits are very sensitive to heat. Anything above 85 degrees is taking a chance on a heat stroke. You might want to just let it have outdoor time in the spring and evenings when it gets hot. The hutch looks pretty nice.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

Eh..Maine dont get 85 really. and she would only be out when im out....like i had my rabbit last year, and I freeze 2 waterbottles for them to lick, they always have 2 waterbottles of water to drink. but....maine in the summer might get to 80 a few times....and if its to humid/hot out i obviously woulndnt take her out. but seriously. Maines chilly.

Carissasaurus Rex

Tags
guinea pig, wild animal, wild animals