oreyo and caramela died - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Unhappy oreyo and caramela died

i went to the vet yesterday cuz iv been noticing oreyo is losing fur on his face and a little growth on his nose, so i took him and caramela to the vet to check both of them out, and the doctor told me they have sarcoptic mange (scabies) and their condition got really bad and have to be put to sleep they showed no symptoms of it until like 2 days ago where little white flakes were on oreyos nose and thats it. i asked for any treatment but he said that their isnt any cuz thier conditions are really bad. most rabbits get sarcoptic mange without kowing it and dont show any symptoms until its too late, if i havent checked oreyos nose i would'v never know cuz they acted absolutly normal ( active, reg. poop, eats normal) i just wish i went to the vet earlyer maybe i could'v saved my babies. i cant believe my babies are gone just 2 days ago we were playing in my backyard togather ( chasing them around, doing binkies, tricks) and now their gone. i still cant believe it, im so used to having them around i still go to their room like every 10 minuets to check on them with out noticing it( my body is so used to going their, now i go unconsiously. i just find myself in their room without even relising it cuz im so used to it. they were only 5 months 2 weeks and 3 days old, i feel like **** from inside cuz its my fault that i dident take them to the vet earlier. u guys should all go and check ur rabbits cuz this is the season of the sarcoptic mange mites.
trust me the $ 120 or whatever u pay for a check up is worth it

I LOVE MY BABIES:
OREYO & CARAMELA ( BUNNIES)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

( RIP oreyo & caramela i love you
)
COTTEN & CANDY ( PARAKEETS)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 PM
can't think of one, help

I'm so sorry, hugs
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm so sorry!

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry about your rabbits.

I'm really suprised that your vet just put them to sleep and didn't try any treatments, especially since you said they were still acting healthy.

Keep an eye on yourself and make sure you tell the rest of your family - humans can get scabies from contact with infected animals.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wow im so sorry! what an awful event

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Part of the Pack

Oh my that seemed so sudden. I'm so sorry.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_di...rowingmite.PDF

I just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone else ever encounters this problem with their rabbits - but their are effective treatments for scabies in rabbits.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Playful Pup

thats really sad. loads of hugs. xx
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thank you everybody for ur support i really appreciat it

I LOVE MY BABIES:

)

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Adolescent Pup

I am sooo sorry about your babies! RIP little bunnies!

Medusa (Ball Python)

Ares & Athena

Apollo-Maia (Dwarf) & Hermes-Aphrodite (Floppy/Dwarf) They are both boys!! HAHAHA

Pandora (Savanah Monitor Lizard)

Artemis (Mixed Black Dog)
Don't forget Gary, Bob & Pat (HERMIT CRABS)
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Playful Pup

Oh goodness! I'm so so sorry! That's terrible it was so sudden, and seemingly so unavoidable and without recourse ...
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

Ooh my... thats really sad... sorry for your rabbits..

|
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Will It Ever Change?

*hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thanks everyone...... its been a week without them and it sucks!!
i feel so empty if u know wat i mean, its kinda hard to explain

I LOVE MY BABIES:

)

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Adolescent Pup

Yeah I understand what you are going through Sara! I hope that you can find some relief to the pain you are having! I am sooo sorry for the loss of your sweet buns!!

Do you think that you will get anymore buns? I really think that when you are ready getting another bun or 2 might make life a little easier!

Medusa (Ball Python)

Ares & Athena

Apollo-Maia (Dwarf) & Hermes-Aphrodite (Floppy/Dwarf) They are both boys!! HAHAHA

Pandora (Savanah Monitor Lizard)

Artemis (Mixed Black Dog)
Don't forget Gary, Bob & Pat (HERMIT CRABS)