Out to In? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 05:03 PM

Hi everyone, my rabbit lives outside and is coping well with the cold but i am thinking of getting an indoor cage too. Both my parents don't seem to mind the idea because I think they agree she will get more company from humans and hopefully become more confident and friendly. I too, have thought about the change in temperature because when my rabbit comes inside to play she gets very excitable and jumps around everywhere and quickly gets overheated. She tends to want to lay down on my cool laminate floor. I've been told not to keep her inside for too long before taking her back out incase she faints or something! If, and when she comes to live inside permanently I'm pretty sure she would get used to the warmth and the novelty of being able to race around would soon wear off!! Also just think how much money you'll save in hay and sawdust through the winter! Good Luck with it. I'll let u know if mine comes inside too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 12:13 PM

Just make sure your rabbit has plenty of grass hay or timothy hay to help prevent problems due to the stress of moving. Also make sure to provide a constant supply of cool water. If your rabbit seems to be too warm (panting, etc.), you can put a plastic soda pop bottle that is filled with water and frozen in the cage for him to lean against. It would still be a good idea for him to have time outside. I don't think rabbits should be purely indoors. They were not meant to never have fresh air and run around on the grass. A harness and leash or a fenced in area with a top (and supervision) is a great way to let your rabbit get some outside time.

Tags
box trained, grass hay, house rabbit, house rabbits, litter box, litter box training, outdoor cat, stuffed animal, timothy hay