Outdoor hutches - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

It all boils down to what works best for different people and animals in their circumstances. This can be argued for months on end and people will still believe they have the ideal situation and everyone that disagrees with them is wrong.

It's clear that people will always keep rabbits outdoors and not everyone will think it's the right thing to do no matter how much arguing and disagreeing goes on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Thumper_29

No more...

Like Scarlette said, we could go on and on all day and we will be at a stalemate. This discussion is a waste of time and keystrokes.

May I ask why you disagree with letting a cat outside? : )

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 12:41 PM
OrsonElf

Sure. I disagree with letting a cat outside for several reasons.

Fights, disease, getting lost or stolen, hit by a car, picked up by cruel teenagers (like the ones that set a cat on fire in their barbecue recently, just for kicks and giggles), killing wildlife, getting parasites such as fleas and ticks or internal parasites such as heartworms from exposure to mosquitos or from eating wild mice, moles, and birds that they catch, getting into poisons like spilled antifreeze, picked up by lab-hounds to sell to for experimentation, attacks by wild animals or dogs, getting caught out in incliment weather and becoming ill, getting picked up by the city shelter and put to sleep if not located swiftly enough, getting into places where they become trapped or injured and are unable to eat or protect themselves, getting shot, annoying neighbors by getting into their garbage cans or making nuisances of themselves, being trapped or poisoned on purpose by said annoyed neighbors...the list goes on and on.

And yes, some of those risks they do run by being in the house...even indoor cats can get fleas and ticks, but the chances of it are GREATLY reduced.

I've lost four cats that were allowed to go outside, even if it wasn't often. I have yet to lose a single one kept strictly inside.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Thumper_29

four dead cats...

In your first post, the condescending one, why didn't you tell us that you've had four cats die from letting them outside?

All along, you made it seem that you were the most perfect, error free owner and now, we find this out?

You had lost four cats from letting them outside and you were talking down on us for letting our bunnies stay outside? That's like, being poor, hitting the lottery for a few million dollars,and then turn around and make fun of poor people. What I'm getting at is, never forget where you came from. Just because, you've been there and done, does not give you the right to talk down on us.

Please, don't make that mistake...

Thumpidy thump thump!!!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Thumper_29

...also

We can go on all day about this, but I'm through with this nonsense. I really don't care about your opinion and I do sense a little hypocrisy here, when looking at the big picture!!!

You used to let your animals outside, but now that you don't anymore, all of a sudden, we're wrong for letting ours live outside.

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

This arguement could go on for a very long time. I'm closing it now.

Rhonda

Closed Thread

Tags
animal lover, animal lovers, chicken wire, guinea pig, house rabbit, house rabbits, indoor cat, indoor cats, litter train, litter trained, pet store, wild animal, wild animals, wire mesh