Outdoor rabbit fun - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Outdoor rabbit fun

My outdoor rabbits have a play yard that is about 12 feet by 14 feet. They like to pretend that they are in an obstacle course, and run through things, around things, and jump over things. They have tubes to run through, and tree branches to play in, but I was wondering if anyone has some other interesting ideas for playground equiptment for them? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:35 PM

I'm trying to think...You should get them a little sand box to dig in. Just make sure not to have too much sand or they could get it in their ears and eyes. We had this before too and Charlie loved it a lot. When we redo our run, they'll get a sand box. Good luck!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Curmudgeon

Would they use a sandbox as a litter box?

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 07:20 AM

They might, but if they've already started to use a specific corner, it's unlikely they will use the sand as a litter box. Rabbits are tidy that way.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:22 AM

And if they do happen to use the sand, you can just get a sifter and sift the poop out of the sand.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 06:07 AM

I bought a small cat condo for Flash, but it was broken when it arrived so I have to go and get it swapped

Seems a good idea, though. The platforms are the right height for him and it was only 12.99 from Argos.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Platforms might work great. My boy loves cat condos but my girl chews up carpeting so I had to remove them. I was thinking about getting some concrete blocks and making a maze to see if they would use it. Since this is a garden like area, they can dig anywhere they choose. They like to hide the entrance of their hole so I put a small doghouse in the middle of their yard so they won't dig next to the fence. They dig under the doghouse instead. I fill in the holes before they get too deep. It takes the two of them about a week to dig down 5 feet. If I make changes to their yard every week or two, they don't dig. I am always trying to find new things for them to explore and sometimes just moving around the tree branches does the trick, but I thought their might be some more interesting ideas out there. I also thought about making some kind of small observation tower so they could get up high and look out over the neighborhood, but I haven't figured out how to make it so it would be safe. Thanks for the ideas.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:28 AM

When I am at home the bunnies have full run of the back garden inc grass.. I was going to train Amber and Jazzy (when they were younger) to do show jumping, but they are too lazy!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

By the time I get around to all of my plans, my rabbits might be too old to care!

Tags
litter box