Pee Everywhere - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Pee Everywhere

My rabbit Adobe has been peeing on everybody and all over the place so it's becoming really hard to let him out of his cage for floor time or even to be held and petted. He never used to pee on people but now it's his favorite thing. I would get him neutered but his balls haven't dropped yet. I don't know what to do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM

How old is Adobe? I got Snoopy when he was only 5 months old, and yes he did pee on floor a lot when play (only in the kitchen back then) also he would pee on me when i held him. Usually I would keep watching him when he is playing on the floor, when I see him pee on the floor I immediately put him back to cage to let him know that that's not good. When he was about 7-8 months old, he got better about not to pee on the floor or me. So far he hasn't have any accident peeing on my carpet, but I think he learned that to do that he must be in his cage, but he does have accident pooping on the carpet.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Turbo's mommy.

he's more than likely marking territory.

Turbo Bunny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

How old is he? My rabbit Zeus was the only rabbit I had as a baby, the rest I got when they where older - and he use to have accidents a lot untill he got older. Baby bunnies are similar to any other babies, they arn't always good about going in the right places. When Zeus got older and neutered he was a lot better with his bathroom habits.

So if he's still young I would just give him some time, and get him neutered when he's old enough so he doesn't start spraying to mark teritory.

If he is already older and his testicles haven't dropped yet, you might want to have him checked out by a vet. My Zeus' testicles never dropped. I guess sometimes they can get stuck and don't drop. If this happens they can still be neutered, but it's a little bit more complicated than a normal neuter.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Turbo's mommy.

my little bunny, suprisingly, doesn't pee or poop when he's being held. There is poop and pee in his cage corner but i've only been pooped on when i first got him. Is that a problem? or is that like, extremely good?

Turbo Bunny

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I would say that is a good thing. If he is pooing and peeing in one corner you can put a litter box in that corner and start his litter training early. Of course as he matures he may loose his good habits. Once you have him neutered he should pick back up his good habits again.
My bun Ophelia would not pee in her box until I had her spayed. Strangest thing - up until the day she was fixed she peed outside the box. I brought her home from the spay and she has been great ever since. I would never have believed it. I think it was because she was worried what would get cut out next if she didn't use the box!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Turbo's mommy.

hahaha that poor baby. i don't plan on getting him neutered. i mean, there aren't any other bunnies around and i might breed one day.

Turbo Bunny

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 03:14 AM
I am allergic to maths

BAD IDEA! this is your first bun, there is nothing wrong with breeding your first bun but you need to make sure you can take care of it, provide for it and pay for its vet, I would wait a while until you have a lil more expirence, its so good that your bun is behaving well, sounds like hes doing good!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah all that, and there are already thousands of homeless rabbits in shelters that need homes.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Betta Bomb

True that ..Over population doesnt run only in dogs and cats. Bunnies mature and mate alot faster also they have shorter gestation periods meaning they produce more litters in a year than dogs and cats.I would strongly advise AGAINST breeding your rabbit even though you may be a wonderful owner to the one you hav now,babies are adorable but if you want a friend for him adopt
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Turbo's mommy.

alright, good points. is it nescessary to neuter him though? no female rabbits, no breeding. why do it? it kinda seems like he shouldn't need that...

Turbo Bunny

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

It can really help to reduce or eliminate a lot of behavioral problems that might come up when he gets older. He might be well behaved now, but a lot of baby bunnies will change their personalities once they hit puberty. They can become more aggressive, not do as well with using a litter box, and will sometimes spray urine to mark their teritory. Neutering can really help control those behaviors.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:29 PM
can't think of one, help

Little boy bunnies will spray, mine used to play the "point and shoot" game to see how high he could hit on the wall. Then he got neutered, he's so much better now and just the sweetest little guy ever.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Turbo's mommy.

i don't really want to neuter him yet. if and when he starts spraying things, i'll get it done. i think he's too young for it...he's 3 weeks.

haha and that "point and shoot" game made me laugh like none other =]

Turbo Bunny

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

He's too young now anyways, but I would get it done when you can. The sooner you get it done (after he's old enough) the less likely the chances are that he'll develope negative behaviors related to hormones.

Tags
pee