pellet/food question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Question pellet/food question

hello

well, my rabbits are not eating their pellets... especially sniffles- she is refusing to eat pellets all of a sudden!!! they currently get oxbow timothy pellets. i was mixing it with a rabbit mix- but my vet said to stop feeding them that because it is really bad for them. so now that they are just on the oxbow timothy pellets they refuse to eat... i'm just wondering what you are all feeding your bunnies? i need some ideas to switch them to.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Curmudgeon

Mine turned their nose up at any but Purina Rabbit Chow. Seemed like the more expensive it was, the less they liked it.... It wasn't necessarily the best for them, but they ate it.

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

thank you for the suggestion Mygala. i will definately look into it! anything is worth a try at this point! my rabbits can be so fussy!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:24 PM

You might want to get your rabbits checked up by the vet...Rabbits generally don't just stop eating a food they're used to for *no* reason, although it does happen on occasion.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
You might want to get your rabbits checked up by the vet...Rabbits generally don't just stop eating a food they're used to for *no* reason, although it does happen on occasion.
I second that.

Oh, and I feed a mix that my exotics petstore puts together. It's mostly L'avian Plus pellets plus some timothy-based pellet I can't remember the name of. Then they add hay blocks and dried veggies.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

hello again - and thanks for the replies.

i actualy forgot to add the vet info in my first post! this refusal to eat the pellets came after i brought Sniffles in last wednesday b/c she had some kind of blockage again! the vet thinks it was from molting- she has shed her entire coat in like 2 weeks! i've been brushing but i guess i didnt keep up with it and her coat is short but REAL thick! so, she had stopped eating and i brought her to the vet and got a bunch of meds and had to force feed her. but now, she won't eat the regular pellets because i have her old *bad* food mixed in with the new heathier kind. she seems to still eat at the old stuff but then stops. she won't eat any new helathy stuff! so basically i'm trying to find something that will tempt her since she hates vegetables! i try and try but that old unhealthy food just made them so spoiled and picky now! it's going to be a real struggle getting them off of eating that! it was some type of gourmet business and i had mixed it in with oxbow, but they just never ate the oxbow, only the junk food!

okay sorry i went of on a tangeant up there! but hopefully my girls will soon forget about the bad food since i'm putting in less and less of it everyday. i was just looking for some type of new healthier pellet since i think the oxbow is out of the question, especially for Sniffles.