Pictures of My new Lop! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Pictures of My new Lop!

Oh he is so SWEET! Loves to be held, doesn't mind being carried, and doesn't rabbit kick at all!
This is Dutchie. You may remember that a friend of a friend had gotten him for her boyfriend, but he wasn't taking care of him and she took him home...Her landlord found out and told her she would be fined unless she got rid of him and asked me to take him. I said yes, so here he is! He is shedding pretty bad, but I think it may be because of his food and will slowly switch him over to the same diet as Lucky Jack who is now thriving. He also isn't neutered, so we'll be making that appointment too. Hopefully once the vet neuters him and gives him the all clear, we can start introductions with Lucky they will be good friends sharing Lucky's 3 level cage. Anyway, here are a few pics of the new cutie!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

He's gorgeous, Mandie!! I hope he settles in nicely and does well with Lucky Jack once they're intro'd!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

He's a little brat! He's already disconnected the litter pan and tossed it aside Silly little guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 09:41 PM

Oh he's so cute! I can't wait to hear more about him! Keep us posted on how he settles in.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

So far so good! His old owner had cut a hole in the wire on one side of the cage for a food bowl which he decided to chew up and escape, so, I blocked it with his house...twice now he moved it out of the way and got behind it, but between the kids and I supervising, I'm sure we can keep him safely contained until Shane gets home with the wire cutters...We'll just cut a section from the wire we got for the chin cages and wire it over the hole for now...it won't be the prettiest thing, but function not fashion is the key for now Don't want the doggies getting him although they probably would just sniff him silly!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 10:13 PM

He's so cute and looks and acts just like my Charlie! She also tosses the litter box everywhere and finds ways to escape from impossible situations! Maybe they're related!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwwww! Mandie, he is sooo adorable!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 02:45 PM

Aweee Mandie he is too cute, I'm sure he will get along great with Lucky Jack when that day comes for their introduction.....Thanks for sharing
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Such an adorable bunny!!!!!

Hope it evens out for you soon!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:51 PM

awwwwww.....he looks soo cuddly
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 10:09 PM

What a doll! It's kind of like a calico bunny. I love calicos..
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixx
Such an adorable bunny!!!!!

Hope it evens out for you soon!
It will...for a week at least...Connor's mom is bringing Stephanie's new chinnie down with her and I'll have him here for a week until she can pick him up...so with Judas...that will make 13 into 14 pets Hopefully thereafter Skye will deliver an odd number of kits evening things back out again
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh mandie dutichie is gorgeous!! Good luck on introducing the two bunnies!!! Male/male is the worst (sorry...didn't want to be the bearer of bad news) but there are exceptions to the rule and hopefully these guys will be one of them!! Let us know how you go with it

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
oh mandie dutichie is gorgeous!! Good luck on introducing the two bunnies!!! Male/male is the worst (sorry...didn't want to be the bearer of bad news) but there are exceptions to the rule and hopefully these guys will be one of them!! Let us know how you go with it
Thanks!
As far as introductions...we'll see what happens. Dutchie is really laid back and easy going...Lucky is a little on the hyper side, but if Dutchie let's Lucky be king, it should be okay? At least I hope! Dutchie came with his cage and although it isn't anywhere near as big as Lucky's, it's still a decent size...decent enough that with lots of playtime out of the cage, he's happy
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 12:52 AM

How is Dutchie doing Mandie?

Tags
food bowl, level cage, litter box, litter pan, lucky jack