please help me !! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation please help me !!

hello-
I have a female bun who just got fixed yesterday. And my problem is she is not eating or peaing at all.
I had to bring her back to the vet today because she tore open her scar.. so the doctor fixed it up again and also gave me some critical care medicine for my bun for not eating... its a solotion i mix up with water...
my concern is will my lady bun eat soon? I am so scared for her.. i know it probably hurts, but i am scared for her..
please any info will ease my pain!!

andrea
ct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:36 PM

Feed her the critical care for the next few days, if she doesnt start eating on her own then I would call the vet back also keep hay in the cage and provide fresh veggies
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

thank you.. i will keep an eye out on her// i just want her better..i feel guilty about putting her thru such an ordeal but i know its the best for her

andrea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Its only a day after so she could still be feeling the effects of the anaesthetic so might not be interested in food and this could also affect her going to the toilet as it effects animals differently just the same as humans. She also might be in a little discomfort from the op which should pass after a few days when shes feeling better. The one thing i'd make sure is that shes drinking and keeping hydrated. I'd give her another day or two and if shes still not right take her back to the vets and see what they suggest. As for the critical care if she won't lap it up on her own you could try gently syringe feeding her a little and see how you get on

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Last edited by Amethystbelle; 05-04-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Spelling!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

do you guys suggest using a syringe for water... she hasnt been drinking any?

andrea
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'd try giving her a little but becareful with her as she will be tender i'd be more worried about her not drinking than eating to be honest, will she not even try any watery veggies? I notice the critical care is made up with water this should help keep her hydrated and nourished as well

Kirsty

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 05:14 PM

I hope you bunny is feeling better.. Have you tried syringing her pineapple juice, just in case she is a bit constipated.. Just keep an eye on her for as few days, she just needs to rest.. And try and give her foods that she loves and maybe some treats..
Keep us informed..
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

i am so happy right now... i just saw my lady eating some hay.... i hoped she would come around.. i did give her some syringe food.. so i am letting her be herself..
gotta go for now

andrea
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thats great news I'd just give her time for the effects of the anaesthetic to wear off and she should be fine, its a large operation for a small animal so going to take her a few days to adjust but glad to hear shes eating

Kirsty

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

thank you so much.. so happy to know theres this group out there for me to talk too!!

andrea
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 06:07 PM

Glad to see she is eating again.. Keep us informed..
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 07:41 PM

Great news!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

hello -
this morning when i woke up, i checked up on her and she was quite alert.. i tried giving her a little bit of carrot, she didnt take it so then i left it for her.
I did see her yesterday drinking some water,, i felt like crying i was so happy.
I recall when my other bun brownie (male) was fixed almost a month ago that he came around the following day, he was so happy.
I understand what a big op this was, i just am glad to have both buns fixed and to get on with our bun life. I am expecting a baby (few months from now) so I wanted to get my own baby buns (ha) fixed before I will have my hands full..lol.
I did wonder what ladys (thats her name) what her babies would have looked like, kinda funny tho since brownie is a mini-lop, what a nutty personality that would have been, half crazy and half gentle!! Well i am off to work so take care all.... I still have to give my vet an extra sample of her urine as lady had high sugar level, the vet said its probably from the car ride stress and all.. so in a few weeks she should be good.
yesterday she was out of her cage most of the day, about 7-8 hours so they are truly spoiled little ones. well i really do have to go,, i can talk talk talk.. bye

andrea
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwwww i'm glad she is ok, its just the recovery time thats takes a while to happen and its amazing how fast they come round after what they have gone through as when you think about it humans who go through that kind of op take months to fully heal and a rabbits up and back to its oldself in a matter of a few days to a week I'm so glad shes ok for you

Kirsty