poor bunny!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

poor bunny!!!

My poor little Caramel is not well. This Afternoon I took her out for a little wonder outside and she couldn't seem to walk or hop very well. I don't know why, but assume its something to do with her back legs, so I called my vet, but the vet who is very clued up about rabbits will only be available tomorrow afternoon and there are no other vets in my area who are clued up about bunnies because I have called all of them. I am so worried about her, hope its nothing serious. She also smells yukky which is unusual, cause she doesn't smell usually. But she is eating and drinking and still loves her cuddles Please wish me and my bunny well. I will update you soon.

Last edited by twoswans; 02-13-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 10:46 AM

good luck
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Update on Caramel

Well I took her to the vet and he said that she has hurt her back somehow thats why she is finding it difficult to walk. He has given her anti inflam and I have to give her five days of antibiotics because she couldn't lift her legs up she has been weeing on her bottom and has a urine infection now as well. She has really perked up since her visit to the vet, so lets hope the medicine makes her well. The vet will call me on Monday to find out how she is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:03 PM

i'm so happy she is okay!!! i once had a prarire dog have the same thing happen to his back, where his little hind quarters went out form a spinal injury! my vet did pretty much the same thing as your vet is doing- and my prairie dog was fine! so i think your Caramel will be fine to! good luck! keep us posted!

Tags
prairie dog