Poor little Harvey! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Poor little Harvey!

Well as some of you know Harvey went to the vets last Tuesday and had a large absess removed.. I took him back this morning for a check up and also to ask the vet why he was limping on one foot.. The vet noticed that he had another small lump in the same area as before, and took a closer look at it and realised it was another absess.. I also explained that since the op Harvey had been limping on the leg that was on the same side.. He checked the paw and foot etc and explained that as he had internal stiches aswell they may be restricting his movement.. The main thing was that he wanted to operate on this new absess right away, so I left Harvey there..
Well I have just got back from the vets, and I am feeling a bit sad... Harvey had the lump removed, but it was so deep inside they had to go into the rib cage and have removed quite a bit of flesh etc.. The worse thing is that Harvey may get another one, and there is hardly any flesh to remove... He is home with more baytril for me to give him, and I have to take him back on Tuesday after the Bank holiday.. He will also now have a permanent limp, as they removed some of the muscle and tendons, so the poor little guy is not a happy bunny right now..
I am feeling so sad for him, he had such a bad start in life and now this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:19 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about Harvey.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfomatic
I'm really sorry to hear about Harvey.
Thanks, he really is a sad site at the moment as the scar is quite big..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:37 PM

Unhappy

Slight imperfections will leave him with such unique character. The lengths you are going to to keep Harvey safe will be all he needs to recover fully. Keep up the great work and stay strong for your little one.

A very special kiss to Harvey from me and a Thank-you Mom, from Harvey.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Omg Steph i'm so sorry i hope the little guy makes a full recovery He's had such a rough life and been through so much till he found you it hardly seems fair, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and sending both you and him a huge

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinnie-boo
Slight imperfections will leave him with such unique character. The lengths you are going to to keep Harvey safe will be all he needs to recover fully. Keep up the great work and stay strong for your little one.

A very special kiss to Harvey from me and a Thank-you Mom, from Harvey.
Aww thanks for your kind words!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
Omg Steph i'm so sorry i hope the little guy makes a full recovery He's had such a rough life and been through so much till he found you it hardly seems fair, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and sending both you and him a huge
Thanks Kirsty, I must admit I did not think that was going to happen today! Hugs back xx
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

I have just checked on Harvey, and he is looking so sad! I just want him to get better so that he can go out and play with the others...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear that he is having such a rough time. Give him a little extra love from me. I'm sure that with you to coax him through he'll be feeling better in no time.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmaster
I'm sorry to hear that he is having such a rough time. Give him a little extra love from me. I'm sure that with you to coax him through he'll be feeling better in no time.
Thank you for your kind words, I just hope I can pull him through this..
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:52 PM

Poor Harvey! I am so glad you took him to the vets. I'm sure Harvey will become happy again soon. Harry and Charlie send bunny hugs and I give him an extra treat for me.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Poor Harvey! I am so glad you took him to the vets. I'm sure Harvey will become happy again soon. Harry and Charlie send bunny hugs and I give him an extra treat for me.
Thank Natalie I will! The poor little guy looks so sad... Huggies back to Harry and Charlie from Harvey..
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:56 PM

Thanks. Is he getting extra cuddles for awhile?
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Thanks. Is he getting extra cuddles for awhile?
Not at the moment the scar is quite bad, and the vet said we should not pick him up or let him move too much.. He has internal stitches too which we have to be careful with...
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Oh dear im sorry to hear Harvey has been unwell again, I do hope he recovers very quickly.

And you too have had some emotional times recently, ( Hugs ) from

Jon

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Tags
pumpkin seeds