Pregnant Bunny - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Talking Pregnant Bunny

Hello,
I apologize if this question has already been asked before, but there is just so many threads that I can't look at them all! My question is, I have a pregnant bunny, *When I had gotten her, I wasn't told about it, I was actually told she was a male* Anyways I have had her for about 2 weeks, now and I can really feel her babies move around, I just want to know if anyone has any idea of how much longer this pregnancy is going to last since I can feel them so well. For me it seems like an eternity! Thank you very much in advance, I will look forward to everyone's replies,
Thank you,
Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 01:46 AM

Welcome to PT Jamie, its nice to meet you! I gathered up some info for you on your pregnant bunny. I hope this helps.

The pregnancy usually lasts for 28-35 days but 90% of doeís have given birth after 31 or 32 days. The litter is usually born at night, though you may notice the Doe pulling her fur out during the day. Most books say that rabbits build a nest 1 week before the litter is due but I find that they build it the same day the young are born.

If you see your Doe building a nest (gathering hay/straw and pulling out her fur) then make sure you provide her with extra materials to help build the nest. Donít be alarmed if the Doe pulls fur from other rabbits she lives with. They donít seem to mind too much and it may be because she doesnít have enough of her own.

You need to feed her twice as much food as you would normally and this needs increasing to three times as much when suckling a whole litter of kittens.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the reply I will be looking for her to pull her hair and give her some extra materials. Thanks again!
Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 AM

!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you. Helping your pet bring up some babies is a really special experience - at least, it was for me So make sure to take lots of pics and post them up for us!!!!!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you to all who have written, an update, my bunny doesn't want me touching her anymore, she doesn't even want to be pet. I just left her alone, but does this mean that it could be any day now that she will finally have these babies! I am so excited. This was definatly not planned as I had thought that I had 2 males, but as the end comes near, I am finding my self on the edge of my seat!!! Anyone have any idea if this is just her being kind of crabby? Or is she going to have them soon!!! Thanks!!!
Jamie
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Rabbits as well as cats and even humans tend to have mood swings They dont like their bellies touched because the stretching skin around the babies can be very sensitive. This is also a sign shes getting close to her labor period.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 08:35 PM

Do you have a vet picked out for emergencies? One that is qualified and knowledgable in rabbit care?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Yes,
I have found a vet that is not too far away from me, I am hoping that by the end of this week she will have her babies, then all this drama will be over and I can finally get some sleep!