Problem Solved! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Problem Solved!

Harry will no longer be a messy bunny! Harry used to soil himself everytime he went to the bathroom and smear poop all over himself, the cage, and his play area. It smelled bad and wasn't very good for Harry, either. I was at my wit's end with Harry, as the vet found nothing wrong with Harry. About two weeks ago, we ran out of baby carrots and my mom bought the big ones instead. Harry ate those too, of course, but Charlie didn't. She needed her baby carrots! During the time when Harry wasn't getting baby carrots, his poo got firmer and his tail cleaner, and everything else was cleaner, too. I couldn't put two and two together just yet, though. Two days ago, we went back to baby carrots and Harry got very messy again. I didn't know why! My mom believes it has to do with the baby carrots. When he doesn't get to eat them, he's fine, but when he does get them he soils everything. I don't know why the type of carrot he gets makes a difference, baby carrots are big carrots just smaller, but he will no longer be getting baby carrots. Let's just hope he stays clean! He decided to smear poo all over his white nose today, not pretty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 01:04 PM

That's really wierd - though there must be some difference between the big carrots and the baby ones. I know my guys prefer the baby ones, so maybe there's something in them that the big ones don't have. Anyway, hope Harry stays clean now
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:42 PM

Jasmine gets a sore tummy when she eats too many veggies.. I hope Harry is ok, and keeps his botty clean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

My brother's rabbit gets like that when he eats asparagus so my brother doesn't feed it anymore.

I do hope he stays nice and clean!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, he hasn't messed since early this morning, I hope it stays this way. He looks so cute with a dirty nose though!