Question about bonding ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Question about bonding ...

This is probably going to be the first of many. I'm looking to get Hagrid hitched. I have my eye on a pretty gal in the same shelter we got him from. She's being fixed next Weds and then I'm going to try to bring Hagrid to meet her when she's recouperated.

Anyway - he's the question. Hagrid is a complete house bunny. He's only in his cage at night. I'd like to have both of their cages in the same room next to each other, but I don't know what to do when I go out. Should I leave the new bunny in her cage and let Hagrid roam free or should I leave her to run free in another bunny safe room seperate from Hagrid? I def won't leave them alone if I'm not in the same room, but I just don't know what to do with her since Hagrid is pretty much always loose.

I know I'm probably overthinking this lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Betta Bomb

i had no luck bonding 2 girls but with 2 genders it might be different- definetly introduce them in a completley neutral territory. if you just toss her cage and all into his terf i think it might become messy in the end whether or not she's spayed. a tried and true method many try is going for a drive with bunnies in tow to help them bond since they are both in an equally frightening situation and will use each other for some sort of comfort. let us know how it goes!!good luck!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I am still trying to bond my buns (although I admit I have not been trying too hard). My girls are rather well...fiesty. When I put them all together the girls go for each other and for the boys. You have an advantage - you don't already have both bunnies. I adopted all of them and am now trying to make a foursome out of a twosome and two singles.
If Hagrid and this little girl do not get along you will be able to look for another girl that he loves and that loves him back. You may need to take him on a few dates. After all finding a soul mate is not always instantaneous.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Rodentologist

I would wait until about a month after she's spayed if at all possible, otherwise she's still got all the grouchy hormones that make bonding so difficult. My main advice is to take it slow and hang in there!

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tags
rabbit bonding