Rabbit does funny things on down comforters - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Question Rabbit does funny things on down comforters

Hi,

When i let Oliver onto my bed on the down comforters, he does this really funny stomp with his front legs. and he goes through the whole bed and pillows. What do you think he is doing? Im a little confused. Does someone have any ideas?

THanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Some bunnies like to smooth out the blankies. Both Penelope and Teddy do it when they are in our bed. It is rather adorable.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

he goes crazy when hes on the bed. My wife is trying to get him used to being handled and cuddle. before we go to bed we bring him up and he hangs out, goes crazy and then goes his own way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Penelope and Teddy like to just check out the covers, the lumps we make under the covers and the cats (if they are also there). Then they will look to jump off the bed but it's so high they haven't tried it yet. Although Teddy managed to jump on our bed - I wish I saw him do it.
If I want either of them to cuddle I have to grab them. Teddy will let me cradle him like a baby and stroke his cheeks. Penelope prefers to lay on my chest and have her cheeks stroked. I have read that one should let a bun warm up to them on the buns terms. It didn't take long for Teddy and Penelope to warm up to me. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for Oliver and Ophelia to decide I am not a horrible monster. Funny thing is we adopted Ollie and Ophelia at 3-4 months of age. We didn't get Teddy or Penelope until they were adults.
My best suggestion if you are having trouble getting him to come to you is to bribe him. Give him a treat while you sit there. I hand feed all treats to my buns. I break the treat up into the smallest pieces possible so it lasts longer. The one thing that Ollie and Ophelia will do is eat out of my hand. They like it when I hand them hay, salad, pellets - whatever. They know if I say "here Oliver/Ophelia" it means they are getting food.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 AM

I've just been watching Holly go crazy in a box full of scrunched up newspaper. I think I'm going to turn it into a digging box for him - he's not allowed up on my bed at the moment but he likes doing digging stomping things in the box, which is tipped on its side so he can just walk into it.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Since my wife and i have been trying to get Oliver used to being on our bed with us, last night was a huge improvement. Right as we go to bed he always follows us in to the room and stands near the edge. once we are in, my wife picks him up and puts him on the bed. he does his stomping and then my wife puts him on her chest. she pets him and he licks her neck. well last night he got off her chest and moved next to me between my arm and my ribs. as i petted him on his head. he settled in and he must have fallen asleep. because once i stoped petting him he didnt move for about 5 minutes. normally once i stop, he quickly moves his head under my hand to keep going. but this time he didnt. after a little bit, my wife moved and he jumped up and got off the bed. that was pretty cool that he fell asleep up there.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Betta Bomb

awww, you has a sook. yeah Akina at least always smoothes out her blankies on my bed.Acacia avoids my bed if im on it or if she thinks I'm not there she'll get up then notice Coco(who is wherever I am) and create a discusted glower on her face then leave. I have an inkling she doesnt like Coco lol
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:16 AM

Ahaha cute! Holly isn't big enough to climb onto my bed so it's one of the places he doesn't go - plus, he poos enough on the floor that I'm disinclined to bring him up, especially since he doesn't much like being picked up (yet?). He periscopes a lot, though, maybe one day when he's bigger he'll figure out how to get himself up.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Turbo's mommy.

Turbo loves to run on my bed. after being on my bed for at least 5 minutes he pees on it though so i have to make sure he gets more floor time than bed time.

Turbo Bunny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

oliver now jumps up onto my bed in the mornings. usually when he hears my voice call out to him. also everynight he will spend at least half-hour laying down next to me while i pet him. he only pee'd on the bed once but because he was startled and tried to get off. but he will spend time up on the bed with me and then jump off when hes done and wants to go chew on his apple branches
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 11:54 AM

wow he must be kind of big to jump on your bed, Sam could never do that...lol
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

he does it all the time now. I think he spends just as much time on the bed as he does under the couch. now he hangs out on the couch. he would never do so before. he spends at least an hour sitting next to me on the couch everynight while i watch tv.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 AM

wow thats cool, i let sam run around but he's not very big yet to be able to jump on the couch, i pick him up though, and put him on the couch.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

the funniest thing oliver did was this saturday morning. I fed him at his usual morning meal time and then i went back to bed. after he ate he jumped on the bed and wanted me to pet him. he was on there for 2 hours while i was half asleep petting him and when i would fall back asleep and stop petting him, he would wake me up for me to keep going. so much for sleeping in on saturdays.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 PM

So you guys are talking about bunnies like the bed and covers... my bunny, sumi, will get on my bed. I had no problem at first since she like hopping up there, but now alls he does is chew up my covers, bed bread, blankies, and pillow cases. Why does she do that? Do your bunnies do that? Didn't sound like it. SHe loves it up there but I can't have her chewing it to death ya know?

Tags
bed, dig, rabbit, stomp