Rabbit Help.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Rabbit Help..

My grandpa gave me a rabbit about a month ago and my dad put her outside and she died of a Sunstroke. I have been looking for another rabbit these past few weeks and it's like none of the pet stores have any! Only this one place called Petland has them and they are always out because they bring the cutest ones everyone wants. I am interested in Lop Rabbits the most but the ones with the smaller ears like Mini Lops or French Lops. Any ideas where I can find them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:26 PM

animal shelter
why buy when millions die?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 08:06 PM
RAT ADDICT

Try looking in your local shelters.Or try and find a rabbit rescue in your area.It is better to adopt then to buy from a pet store!

Another idea,whynot call around to local farms in your area.I only found out a few days ago,a farm here called "Lester's Farm" has bunnies and they sell them for $15.They had a few lops there and some cute black ones and black/white...sorry I dunno all the rabbit breeds...they were cute tho!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Rabbit Shelters around here ask for way to much information, I know because I begged my mom to adopt a cute one I found. Anyways nearby is a pet store thats small and this guy who breeds rabbits has so many Mini Lops he doesn't know what to do with them so on Monday the shop is getting more and i'm buying one right away. Thanks anyways!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Sk8ter
My grandpa gave me a rabbit about a month ago and my dad put her outside and she died of a Sunstroke. I have been looking for another rabbit these past few weeks and it's like none of the pet stores have any! Only this one place called Petland has them and they are always out because they bring the cutest ones everyone wants. I am interested in Lop Rabbits the most but the ones with the smaller ears like Mini Lops or French Lops. Any ideas where I can find them?
I would wonder if a rabbit would be your best choice of pet at this moment. If even your family is not sure how to care for a rabbit, you may want to look into something esle, or wait untill you move out to get this type of animal.

Also, Shelters "Ask so many questions" because they want to make sure the animal is going to a good home where it won't be neglected or be dropped right back off in the shelter. Animals are not happy with being moved around so much, it's very stressful.
If the shelter dosn't approve an application, ask questions on why and find out what you can do, sometimes it's just getting more information on something.

Good Luck.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:16 AM

Exclamation Please do research

About rabbits. House Rabbit Society is a great place to do so. You should keep your rabbit indoors not outdoors. They need timothy hay, greens (not lettuce), occasional fruits and of course water. Lots of love and excersize. Please do research so that you will have a healthy and happy bunny.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

I already know all that. If you guys read above my DAD did that not me. I'm not stupid I know what rabbits need and my mom was raised all her life on a farm with rabbits so she knows alot to.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 12:41 PM

i think the concern was that your dad did that to your last rabbit. and if he ever put a baby bunny outside in the heat like that it would surely die as well. i don't think anyone implied that you were stupid, but it was upsetting to read that about your last bunny.

anyway- im sure you have a good handle on the situation. good luck with your new bunny
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 07:53 PM
RAT ADDICT

You don't have to get defensive,we just want you to know what your getting into.And to make sure you know what the rabbit needs.

As for shelters and rescues "asking too many questions"...as mentioned above,it is to make sure the animals get adopted out to good and loving homes.They cannot let an animal go to just anyone!

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Well sorry about the last post. Anyways I just bought a Mini Lop rabbit today..
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 PM

Enjoy your new Rabbit!!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Sk8ter
Well sorry about the last post. Anyways I just bought a Mini Lop rabbit today..
How is he/she doing?What did you name him/her and of course,show us pictures!!

* Lisa *

Tags
animal shelter, baby bunny, house rabbit, house rabbit society, local shelter, mini lop, mini lops, pet store, pet stores, rabbit society, timothy hay