rabbit magazines?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

rabbit magazines??

I want to suscribe to a rabbit magazine that provides good info on rabbits and rabbit care. are there any good ones that any of you read? is so please let me know thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Betta Bomb

I bought a magazine called Rabbits at the pet store before. They had a pile of mags to choose from. I find, though, magazines are kind of a waste of money with the internet. I gave the mag to my friend who recently acquired a bunny but I think she preferred the internet as well.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

The only animal magazine I have is Bird Talk because they are the most up to date on information about diseases, they have features on different species, and often give out really handy information. Their articles are often extremely in depth and they don't pull their punches when it comes to some issues.

Most other magazines I don't bother because they censor too much (articles on commercial food are rather inconclusive) and the articles are not very in depth. Most of the information you can find on forums or the internet. Cat Fancy is one magazine I would only pick up because of the pictures :/

I would go to pet stores and pick up a bunch of magazines. Take them home and read them. Do this a couple times with different issues of the same magazines. Eventually, some will stand out as clearly superior. Either get a subscription to those or don't. Also try the online Mags, some of the bird ones are pretty good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 08:36 PM
is a little "special"

Petco has one called "Rabbits USA" I think, but Ive never bought or subscribed to them... I just look through them when Im waiting in line at the checkout!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Adolescent Pup

Hmph. I like magazines as well. Not so much need to know information but like, "things you didn't know". Just for fun. I haven't found one yet, and I don't think I ever will but that's the kind of material I like to read and trying to find it on the large world wide web is difficult.

Miss Ruby Alice -- Mini-lop Rabbit (2.5 years old)

Buddy -- Toy Poodle (9 years old)

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

-George Eliot

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yea. i wish they had a magazine like "Rabbit Fancy" the rabbit version of dog and cat fancy magazine. but they dont
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Betta Bomb

I found the one called Rabbits REALLY good. I'll google it, I could not find an actual website for it but it looks like this :http://www.google.ca/images?q=rabbits%20magazine&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=588<< < The very first picture. I had that issue and it was really awesome.

Tags
info, rabbit, reading material