Rabbit Problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Question Rabbit Problem

I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice or suggestions on why my male rabbit sprays urine at me whenever I am near his cage? I have to pretty much say hi to him five minutes before I take him out to walk near the cage and then let him out.. or else he will urinate all over me! I've already read through 3 or 4 rabbit books and they basically all say the same.. that it is enurination and that I should neuter him. But I dont have money to do that right now being in school w/o a job, and I know my mother would never cover such a thing. Have any of you ever had something like this happen to you?
I would appreciate any feedback possible.

-Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 01:05 PM

Sounds like his hormones are running wild What you read in the books was correct-he needs to be neutered to fix that problem. You might be able to find a low cost clinic to do it, but you have to make sure that they see exotics and have LOTS of experience with spaying and neutering rabbits. You could try contacting a rabbit rescue in your area. They usually know of good places to have it done. I hope you can find a way so both you and your rabbit will be happier .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for responding! I actually work at an animal hospital (Student tech) and it would be perfect to neuter him there (I get 30% discount on services), except the two doctors I work with dont do exotics; just small and farm animals. I guess Im going to have to look else where in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 03:32 PM

Do the doctors that you work with see rabbits? I said exotics because most of the time only exotic vets see rabbits, but if your doctor's have rabbit experience they could probably do it for you. My vet isn't an exotic vet but she see's rabbits.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I agree with stephanie, your bunny needs to be neutered, this is no other way to stop this from happening and your bunny will be much happier too. Good luck in finding the best price with the best vet for you! i hope you can get it done soon!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
animal hospital, exotic vet, farm animals