Rabbit Won't Chew His New Toy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Question Rabbit Won't Chew His New Toy

I bought a new chew toy for my rabbit but he doesn't seem to be chewing it. It's a wooden carrot that hooks into the cage. Is there any sort of substance I can rub on the carrot to get him interested in the new chew toy? Maybe peanut butter? I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
db
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Sometimes rabbits just don't like certain toys, or toys at all, really. Mine really doesn't care about toys. I'd say just leave it alone. Give her a toilet paper roll or another light object to nibble on and toss around.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
is a little "special"

Like FlickeringHope said, some rabbits just dont like toys. Smudge has never liked any of his wood toys, except some apple tree branches because they fit in his mouth so he can carry them around. He acually didnt like them the first time I gave him them. Try taking the toy out for a couple weeks, and then give it back to him again.... Sometimes making the toy "new" again makes them more interested in it! I would just leave it on the ground too, so he can toss it around or something too.
And no peanut butter- WAY too fatty!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Betta Bomb

One of my bunnies, Akina totally ignore toys because for whatever reason but I know as she grew up she simply had nothing from her old owner.. I dont know if this is a reason with yours...My other bunny Acacia loves rattles. Even those bell toys she don't care for but rattle from the baby isle she tosses all over the place! Both totallt ignore wooden chew toys. Maybe just try out different toys and you have to have a wide variety to change like everyday because he'l just get bored with one or two..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Like the others said, some rabbits jus don't like toys, some are extremely picky, and some will play with anything. You can try putting it in different spots around the cage, or jus leaving it on the floor to see if she will get interested in it. If not, take it away for awhile then try again.. you could try putting it in the box with her hay, or in her bag of food or something, might make it smell more appealing, but i dont think there is anything you could put on it tho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family

Tags
chew, rabbit, toy