Rabbits which do you perfer? why? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Rabbits which do you perfer? why?

so Iv been bugging my other half for Months now for either another dog or a rabbit.
we finally sat down and talked about it and we ruled out another dog as he says our bed is simply Not big enough lol and he doesn't think Tucker (our current dog) would like the idea to much. Also our crazy cats might not be as accepting to a new dog this time lol

Anyways He didn't say yes to a rabbit either but he didn't say No neither .
He works out of town for 16 days a month he left today , but did say he will take those 16 days to think about the idea of the rabbit. However he has left me with a task.
I have to research Breeds (big or small) that I maybe interested in as well as cages (that aren't overly priced or extremely huge) and present him with this info when he gets home.

so heres my questions which breed do you like and why?
what cage do you like and why ?

thanks

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 12-24-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 11:52 AM

Please reconsider!!!

Keep in mind that rabbits are not low maintenance pets. Although some rabbits tolerate handling quite well, many do not like to be picked up and carried. If rabbits are mishandled they will learn to nip to protect themselves. If they feel insecure when carried they may scratch to get down. Reality: Well cared-for indoor rabbits can live 7-10 years, and some live into their teens. Rabbits are clean animals and, once neutered or spayed, go to great lengths not to soil their living area. Reality: Rabbits kept outdoors in hutches are often forgotten and neglected once the initial novelty wears off. Far too frequently, they are relegated to a life of "solitary confinement" and are subject to extremes of weather, as well as to diseases spread by fleas, ticks, flies, and mosquitoes all of which can adversely affect their health and their life span. They can die of heart attacks from the very approach of a predator,even if the rabbit is not attacked or bitten. Rabbits are gregarious creatures who enjoy social contact with their human caretakers. The easiest way to provide social stimulation for a companion rabbit is to house him indoors, as a member of the family and not in a cage!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

thanks trish I already knew this iv owned rabbits before.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 02:37 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hi Nibbler, Just wondering if you got a rabbit yet. I have had several different breeds of rabbits, and it seems that the bigger they are, the more layback they are, although rabbits do have their own personalities. I have a six pound mixed breed rabbit that doesn't mind being picked up, and loves to sit on laps. I use him as a therapy rabbit, and he visits a nursing home once a week. When picking up a rabbit, it is best to put him in a thick blanket to make him feel secure.