Rabbits NEED company? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 04:28 PM

This one is up in the air. If your rabbit has been alone all of its natural life then it should be fine, but if your rabbit had a cage mate before they r going to need a new cage mate. this can be hard because rabbits have a very complication social system. With out cage mates a rabbit can become depressed and die. But if your rabbit has been alone since you've gotten it, it should be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Yes, always been alone (apart from when he was a newborn of course!) He went for his first Myxamatosis jab yesterday... I felt so bad for him LOL he tried to get away. I told him it would be more painful to have the disease than have the jab though!

Katrina
xxx
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:40 AM

Re: keeping them in pairs I ahve just noticed you have a lot of guinea pigs. This should be sufficient company for them anyway. Assuming of course, the two are allowed to mix together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm well they are sometimes allowed together (well he jumps into the piggies' cage ) But he's not really allowed to as there is a risk of him killing them by kicking them. He is free range in the shed so he can always see them through the cage bars. He has the company of the dog also.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:07 PM

So he's not shut off entirely. I wouldn't worry. I would worry if he was an only animal and was constantly on his own...I'm sure he's happy sneaking into the pigs runs....

Tags
baby bunnies, cage bars, cage mate, guinea pig, house rabbit, house rabbit society, male rat, male rats, pet shop, rabbit society, social animals