Rescue Bunny Update - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Rescue Bunny Update

So This morning my Hubby asked me if we can call her Aniseed, and Ani for short.
lol.. I told him if we make cute names for her, does that mean we're keeping her! LOL

Here's the sweet girl saying "I love Auntie Em's Bunny Treats!"

Maxin & Relaxin

And doing what we do best in this house, Watching "gerbil TV"

She's really starting to fit in around here LOL....

She's not litter trained, but she sure is affectionet and sweet. It seems she's still a bit greasy on top, but I've been brushing her so hopfully that may help a bit. She was so good about the bath, even being blow dried with the hair drier, and she sits so nice for me to brush her. She also LOVES toys! I can hear her tossing around the toys as i sit here LOL... to cute.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww! You should keep her . Or give her to me!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
Aww! You should keep her . Or give her to me!
hehehe lol
I've actually been told that a few times from others also LOL...

I've actually just made a small sign to put up saying I found a domestic rabbit, and it has my # on it. I'm not leaving any details just in case
I'm sure if anyone is missing her, they are missing her alot, she is a wonderful bunny. And if someone is out there not missing her and used to own her, i hope they get food poisoning and feel REAL crummy! :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Part of the Pack

OH! She is gorgeous! So adorable...If only I was in the position to take a rabbit..I live in Saskatchewan...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

aww I love the pics, good job on rescuing her! So I guess you have a new addition to your family, huh?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

If there is someone out there missing her, i will be sad to see her go. Truly, I don't think i coudl give her up, she's just to sweet. She licks me and bumps me with her head so i will pet her!

I'm surprised how relaxed she is, and she comes right out of her cage to me also! My Boy buns don't even do that!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

that's how my Charlie is! but it took me almost a year for him to be that way - i'm jealous!

all i can say is just check the local paper to see if someone's put an ad out for her - otherwise, it sounds like she's found a great new home!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I got a call from a young girl who is missing a female white bunny with black spots and she lives on my street.
What kills me is I asked her when the bunny went missing she said 3 or 4 WEEKS ago!
My sign has been sitting there a week allready (on the community mail boxes, so EVERY sees it everyday), and even the SPCA new I had the bunny but why the heck didn't these people call the SPCA? or put up signs of their own saying they lost the rabbit? ? ? ?
That ticks me off, this is THE sweetest bunny in the world, and it's going back to people who didn't even TRY to find her when they lost her, but what can I do about it?

I told the young girl to have her Mom call me, she said she would tomorrow.
I know I would be so happy to get my pet back after it was lost, but I also know I would LOOK for it too!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

thats messed up.
id probably call them and tell them it died last night, and keep it for myself!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Playful Pup

Here's a thought - if you really want to keep her, offer to buy her from the little girl (or the mom). Or, tell the mom she really needs to be seen by the vet and you would be willing to spend the money if they let you keep her. You never know, it might work. I'd be so attached to her after a week I'd have to find a way to keep her.

Lucy
BunMom
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

you know it's not the right thing to do, but i agree with ratty ratkins

maybe not even say the rabbit died, but maybe that it got out the back door or something...

My sisters and I had a cat when we were young, and he was a tom who wasn't nuetered so he was an outside cat. Once he was gone for more than a few days and we were so upset that my dad put an ad in the weekly shopper (a newspaper) and called a few of our neighbors so they'd keep a lookout. It turned out that he had made a new friend with an elderly lady down the street - I don't know if she would have known he was someone's cat if we hadn't done anything. Point being, if you really want your pet back then you'll do something about it. You don't wait until someone else finds it and then claim it. But you didn't put in the flyer that she was black and white so she's probably not lying - but I'm like you and can't get over the fact that she wasn't trying to look for him herself. Ads are really inexpensive, and a simple word-of-mouth would have at least helped - but nothing? It seems fishy.

Tags
black spots, litter train, litter trained