Ruby is In sergery - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Unhappy Ruby is In sergery

Ruby is at the vets as I type poor bun I didn't realise how worried I would be, Everytime the phone rings my heart stops. It's so empty here without her. I'll keep you posted when I know more. She should be home today if all goes well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*~* JEN *~*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Bunny *Ruby*

2 Hamsters *Pesky* & *Hurricane*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie_3
Ruby is at the vets as I type poor bun I didn't realise how worried I would be, Everytime the phone rings my heart stops. It's so empty here without her. I'll keep you posted when I know more. She should be home today if all goes well.

Oh she is getting spayed lol thats why she is at the vets. But I'm still worried

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

She should be back home in no time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

thanks Catherine

Also does anyone have and suggestions and well, any info on after care that the vet might not tell me? Thanks in advance eeek this sucks waiting minutes seem like hours!

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:25 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

If you have a look down the threads somewhere, I think someone showed a picture of their rabbit in a tube sock. She was trying to pull her stitches out and this stopped her from doing so.

Some rabbits don't feel much like eating after an op, but it is important for a rabbit to eat, so have some of her favorite foods on hand to tempt her with.

She may be a little unhappy at first, but she should be back to normal in a few days.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

Ryo went through her spay with flying colors. after a week she was compleatly herself again. i wish you guys luck! i had to do away with Ryos litter box becuase she has to hope to get in it. and she was in too much pain to use her box.
if you have to take out her litter box you can cut up serval carboard boxes like i did. worked fine. be sure there is nothing in the cage that she would have to jump or climb over and make sure there are no edges or anything to get her staples, etc caught on.
BE SURE the give her pain meds!!
very important!
a bunny who hurts doesnt eat or heal very well

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

pain meds? does the vet give ya those? if she is in pain will she try to hop to her second platform even though she hurts? or should i remove it b4 she comes home?

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

id remove it no matter what. and my vet gave me morphine injections for Ryo. if i was you i wouldnt leave the vets office without pain meds of some sort. its a MAJOR internal surgery. its sooo cruel for her not to be on pain meds!

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I have had 3 females spayed in the past, so I hope it goes ok.. The best thing to do is maybe keep her indoors tonight and for a few days.. Make sure she is eating, drinking and going to the toilet ok.. Give her the foods she loves the most, so that she feels happier, and basically just keep her calm.. Keep us informed!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Hi all Ruby is home now very sleep bun, But she is happy to be home and she's eaten a bowl of parcley. She has been licking me and purring her teeth. How often should she eat? Ruby is an indoor bunny anyways usuially free in the house but the vet said to keep her in her cage for a couple days. So yeah how much should she be eating? and since I dont pick up Ruby how do I check her stiches?

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Try not to pick her up for a day or 2.. If you need to check the stitches, pick her up with a towel and hold her with that.. Just give her enough food in a bowl and check to see if it is eaten..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm glad everything went well .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

well she hasnt touched the pellets but she has had the bown of parsley and I just gave her apple and carrot and she started eating the apple right away is this good? akkk i hate this lol.

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

ruby hasnt gone to the bathroom since shehas been home is it normal for it to take a lil bit I really dont know. she has been home for 6 hours now. she has eaten lettuce, a lil apple, 1/4 of a brustle sprout and a bowl of parsly (rabbit size dish) what ya'll think cuz im lost an worried as heck

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2005, 07:35 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

yes i have heard its normal. it hurts to poop (another reason pain meds are a great idea)
dont worry too much! rabbits can pick up on that, may stress her out and not help her situatoin any.
but i understand. how can you not worry!
her eating is a great thing tho

Tags
grass hay, litter box, pet store, timothy hay