Ruby's update - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Ruby's update

Hi all Ruby is doing good, I let her out of confinment yesterday at a couple hours at a time, she loved it! the belly looks good but she still has to have the cone till monday or sunday, she is getting fitted for a new one today bc hers is filthy with cecal, her cone is handmade and fitted by her doctor bc she is so little.
I called the vet that turned me away that dreadful sunday morning and had a long talk, he is going to be sending 125 bux to the vet who took care of Ruby, to ease our hardship with money and as a way of saying sorry for all we went through. I was so greatfull to him and let him know it
I can't wait till my bun gets that awfull color off and can get back to a normal life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*~* JEN *~*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Bunny *Ruby*

2 Hamsters *Pesky* & *Hurricane*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thumbs up

Here is a pic of Ruby the day she came home from her major fix up operation. Her in her cone lol cone head bun
rubysecoler 006.jpg

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm glad she's doing well ^_^. She's so cute. That was nice of your vet too.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

She's so adorable. I'm glad she's doing better.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Glad she is doing well.. I am also impressed with your vet giving the other one some money for the treatment.. Keep us informed, she looks so sweet in the pic!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Part of the Pack

yes what a wonderful vet you have! that is so awesome that he paid such a big part of the bill for you! Ruby looks like such a little sweetie, so glad she's doing better. and she looks so cute with her little handmade cone, although inknow she probably can't wait to be rid of it!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

her and me both cant wait to be rid of that cone lol.
Well heres a small Update -------Ruby went in for a new coller today, the other one was cover in cecal ew and was impossable to get off the darn thing so we got her a new and and the doc check his handy work all is looking good and I can take off that darn cone on Monday or Tuesday. as much as I want it off Ill probable wait till Tuesday to be on the safe side.

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Part of the Pack

i think thats a wise idea! its defanitely always better to be safe than sorry!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

well i gave in last night but honestly i think she may have not made it till monday or tuesday she was getting very very very depressed!!! he eyes buldging out of her head and the bones sticking out, she was caughing and sneezing. its been a week already and the incision is dryed up and she has been elaving it alone I had to take it off she wasnt doing well and I know for sure it was the ecoller b/c now that its off she is looking normal no buggie eyes or petruding bones no caughing or sneezing im not puting it back on I am just watching her alot I even slept with her and stayed up most the night. akkkkkkkkkkk I cant wait for this to be over come monday Ill relax more i think and when she starts going pee in her box again which she has stopped doing since all this.

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Jen that is very good to hear, hope it's gets better soon!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie_3
well i gave in last night but honestly i think she may have not made it till monday or tuesday she was getting very very very depressed!!! he eyes buldging out of her head and the bones sticking out, she was caughing and sneezing.
oh my! i'm glad you took it off her then! glad she's doing fine now. Soon this whole situation will just be a memory and i'm sure she'll get back to using her box
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

almost 24 hours now that ruby has had that coller off. still doing fine and looking better with every hour. not a sneeze out of her at all today and she is all fluffy and chubby looking as before she looked like a bone rack. There is only 1 thing i worrie about and thats her opening up her incision but I keep telling myself sheesh its been 6 days and its been 24 hours and it looks fine so I try not to worrie but thats me I guess.

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I am sure she will be ok... Give her a bunny hug from my 4...

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

aww thanks steph your a real sweet heart all you guys are my husband keeps telling me she'll be fine steph you have 4 buns are all of them "fixed"?

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

OK RUBY IS UP AND BACK FOR ACTION YAY SHE IS ALL GOOD NOW

*~* JEN *~*

1 Bunny *Ruby*

21 Fish

2 Frogs

Tags
doing fine