Sad News!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Sad News!!!

well it turned out my pumpkin was pregnant, i couldnt see her from my kitchen window this morning so went out to check were the rabbits where and when i opened the hutch door (sleeping side)i saw peanut acting excited and big chunks of fur so closed it quick, i managed to get peanut out the hutch and into the pen so i could check on pumpkin, when i checked her she'd had 5 litlle babies but unfortunately they were all dead
then i realised the babies were in the same place peanut had been acting nuts, i felt really sorry for pumpkin as i think she knew her babies didnt make it as she was grunting and she let me comfort her, which she hasnt let me do for a while, i decided to take the babies out as they were cold and i didnt feel there was anything i could do for them and gave pumpkin broccolli and treats and loads of cuddles, i feel so gutted as i hadnt got there in time to help her, strangely though she seems to be in a mood with peanut, do you think she knows he may be the cause of her babies not making it???

anyway thought i'd let you guys know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sorry to hear the sad news

Give Pumpkin a cuddle and hug for me

Lve Never Fails

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, that is so sad. I'm sorry about the babies, I hope Pumpkin feels better soon.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

i still havent changed the bedding in the hutch as i dont know if i should or not theres not really any mess as she cleaned it up will pumpkin get depressed if i dont change it until tommorrow ya think or will she realise that her babies have gone and be sad x x x
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so sorry to hear about the babies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Adolescent Pup

I know exactly how it feels to lose rabbits, i lost my 2 babies today to, but dont worry they went to a place better then this world.
just stay with her today and give her alot of attention

I LOVE MY BABIES:
OREYO & CARAMELA ( BUNNIES)

( RIP oreyo & caramela i love you
)
COTTEN & CANDY ( PARAKEETS)

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Adolescent Pup

Poor babies.

--Fromper
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Part of the Pack

Sorry to hear the babies didn't survive. I don't think I could handle dealing with bunnies with babies. Bunny hugs to you all. I hope she does not get depressed.