Sad story, but I have another bunny! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Red face Sad story, but I have another bunny!

Ok! Here it goes..
Pete is a self employed kitchen fitter, but works for a local company.. A few months ago he was doing a kitchen for this man, whos daughter had some rabbits, male adult, female adult and loads of babies.. They were not kept in the best conditions and it seemed that the female just had litter after litter, and so far they had managed to get rid of the babies, by giving them away.. Pete came home and told me about this, I got upset, but there was not much I could do..
Anyway today Pete went back to the house, to refit the hob.. He went into the garden, and saw that there was 2 hutches, one contained 2 rabbits, and the other had a female adult and 5 babies(4 white and 1 speckled colour). Neither of the cages had water and hardly any food, and the bedding was filthy. Pete filled up the water bottles, and the poor things gulped it down, he also found some food and gave this to them.. He asked the man, who was looking after them, he said that his daughter had moved out, and that his son was now looking after them. He asked Pete if he would like to take one or two home, Pete said he would think about it. In the afternoon the daughter turned up, and cleaned out their cages and let them out into a run.. Pete noticed that one of the white babies, did not seem to be able to run, on close inspection he saw that the poor things back legs pointed outwards and it seemed to be dragging its legs.. He asked the girl about it, and what was she going to do about its legs, she said that she was not going to do anything.. He asked if he could have the bunny and was persuaded by his work colleague to take another.. He phoned me at home and told me that he was bringing them..

He arrived home, and I opened the box and found these 2 adorable little bunnies..

I got a vets appointment, and took them both there. The vet checked over the speckled colour one,and gave him the all clear.. He said that the little white one had no quality of life, it was not cleaning itself either and the best thing to do was to euthanise it.. I felt awful, but knew that it was for the best.. You can see in the pic above, that his feet are sticking out in the wrong direction..

So I now have another bunny, he is called Harvey..

At the moment he is in a cage in the house, only because he is so small, and needs loads of hugs.. In a week or so I will put him outside with the other 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

that is sad. i'm glad you got harvey, and that you took the other one and ended it's sad life It's horrible. Keep an eye on billy and harvey as they get older...once they have their hormones they will probably start fighting!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:54 PM

Aww how cute are they!! I'm so sorry about the little white one Harvey is adorable though! Congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:56 PM

You and Pete have such big hearts! That white bunny is adorable, and you tried you're hardest to fix something that you didn't break. Harvey is adorable, by the way! Congratulations!
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Thanks Carmen, Mandie and Natalie.. I feel so bad about the little white one, I just wish that I could have helped him sooner.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:06 PM

Why do people think animals don't need TLC? I hope those people never have kids...
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Oh lord that realy is very very sad poor white bunny, Im so glad your Pete knows about animals so much you realy are a couple of Samaritans, I hope the rest will be a bit happier did Pete give them any advice ?

Harvey is a lovely little Bunny, such a nice speckled colour, he realy is Adorable, well done Steph now you are a mad Rabbit girl

So Caring.

Tokes = ^ _ ^ =

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Why do people think animals don't need TLC? I hope those people never have kids...
I know! They dont realise that animals need care and attention.. I hope they get the adult female spayed.. Pete is going back in a few weeks, and he said he will have a word to them about animal care.. He has to be careful though, as they are customers..
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toky-Ohki
Oh lord that realy is very very sad poor white bunny, Im so glad your Pete knows about animals so much you realy are a couple of Samaritans, I hope the rest will be a bit happier did Pete give them any advice ?

Harvey is a lovely little Bunny, such a nice speckled colour, he realy is Adorable, well done Steph now you are a mad Rabbit girl

So Caring.

Tokes = ^ _ ^ =
Thanks Jon! Pete is going back in a few weeks, and he has said he will have a word with them..
I like the name Mad rabbit girl!
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:18 PM

How about Mad Rabbit Collector

after all I am the

Mad Cacti Collector

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:23 PM

Then you'd have matching titles! How cute. I'm not thinking anything else...*whistles*
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Then you'd have matching titles! How cute. I'm not thinking anything else...*whistles*
Ummm! I bet your not?
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:27 PM

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:30 PM

Ohw dont start this up again Ladies

= ^ U ^ =

pqpqpqpqpqpqpqpqp

* sings *

post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:32 PM

Tags
animal care, baby bunny, separate cages