Shedding - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Shedding

When your bunnies go through their shedding cycle...does their coat change? When Lucky is shedding markings on his fur appear that look like he is wearing a saddle or he has coins on his back. During the process the marks get larger until they just disappear. Normally he is just brown with the exception of his ears and nose which are a darker brown and of course his white slippers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:25 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

yeah i find that happens to boyd and broody broody used to be all fawn with little bits of blue fur but now its like fawn and blue hairs together all over and boyd looks like she has different patterns then they go

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:22 PM

yup..and bif kinda looks stripey on her back end like a cat then its gone!
bertie..well hes just white so he just looks really fluffy/stragly till we get grooming him..a 2 person job and 2 lots of combs etc! hes a big old boy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 07:17 PM

my frank gets a brown though his back and normaly he is black and white tortise,
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 02:04 PM

I kept meaning to start a thread about coats. My male has always lost fur. I groom him evey other day and always the brush ends up loaded with soft, fluff like fur. Recently he has a tide mark like line across his back, i assume where he is moulting.

I am intrigued and would think this was normal but Lily, my female, never ever moults. I groom her and no fur comes out at all. She is younger also so I would have expected to her to lose her baby fur but none??

Anyone offer any advise as to why Dexter just cant stop?? They are in a centrally heated house so I understand this has probabky got a major effect but then I would have expected to see this in both rabbits??

Hmmmmm.....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 02:32 PM

heh heh heh... Jackpots 'crankey' molt line

Jackpot is super sheding right now, and Aniseed is always shedding though it's comming out pretty good. All my bunnies need a good brushing for sure.

This is my Rex Bo Molting, him and Ani both molt from their back out

See the big dip in her fur?

Now Baby and Jackpot just more shed normally then in large areas like these two. All four rabbits are house in the same area, so there is no climet change, and they eat all the same foods. So I think it just is different for each rabbit how they molt/shed.

During this time I feed all my bunnies some canned Pumpkin to help with the digestion of any fur.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 03:11 PM

Ill remember canned pumpkin then. Dexter licks himself a lot and I do worry about digestion. Thanks for the advise.

Kim
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Oh wow!! That's a major fur loss. Lucky does not shed that much. Of course there is a lot of fur when you brush or stroke him but it does not look indented like that.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybunny
Oh wow!! That's a major fur loss. Lucky does not shed that much. Of course there is a lot of fur when you brush or stroke him but it does not look indented like that.
Ya my other two don't shed like that either, I havn't seen many bunnies that do. Maybe my two are just weirdos LOL.... Actually I've seen other Rex's with that same molt spot.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Mr. Creepy's markings change from dark brown to a silvery slate depending on the season (he's marked up like a siamese cat - dark ears, nose, tail, & feet). Right now his markings are pretty dark, but just few months ago he was almost all white.

Tags
dark brown